Join now - be part of our community!

Souncard to cd-rom cable?

smsmasters
Visitor

Souncard to cd-rom cable?

Will i need a Souncard to cd-rom cable to be able to hear the audio ??

If so, how much do they cost?? I intend on buying a soublaster 4.1 digital soundcard after having wierd audio problems with my built in sound!! :anguished: :anguished:

12 REPLIES 12
EzDoezIt
Visitor

If you use a program (like Windows Media Player) that supports "digital extraction" then you do not need to make an audio connection between your CD drive and the computer.

smsmasters
Visitor

ok, thank u very much for clarifying that. im going to buy a sounblaster 4.1 digital. Im gonna install today. wish me good luck ppl!! its my 1st shot at this :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

smsmasters
Visitor

ok, i have successfully installed a hercules 5.1 sound card :smileygrin: :smileygrin: :smileygrin: and it was a complete success. i think my audio problems are gone!!!! :smileygrin:

EzDoezIt
Visitor

Woo hoo! :tongue:

Did you disable the integrated sound card in the BIOS?

smsmasters
Visitor

yes i have, but i do not hear the modem's tone thru the speakers wen it dials. oh well neva mind.

EzDoezIt
Visitor

Modems usually have their own speaker.

Did your modem make sounds through your multimedia speakers before??

smsmasters
Visitor

yes they did, my modem is a software modem. i guess its bcoz i neva put an audio cable from the modem into the soundcard :slight_frown:

oh well, i use broadband now anyway :smileygrin: :smileygrin:

VAIOneer
Visitor

Broadbanded heh? Welcome to the world of FAST.

I'm sure after a few hrs of broadban you will have thought to yourself "I'll never dial up again, EVER, never ever ever :slight_smile:

smsmasters
Visitor

have u got broadband. over here in the uk you can get 512down/256up adsl for £29.99/month. it's pretty expensive. im sure over there in america u can get faster speeds for less money. The UK is such a rip off!! :angry:

as for dial-up. i may hav to dial up again if my adsl modem breaks down (touch wood) oh well, right now im enjoying blisteringly fast speeds and i can download loads of stuff for free. i love broadband. the future is here, the future is broadband :smileygrin: hehe