Join now - be part of our community!

sound from my laptop speakers and microphone

profile.country.GB.title
kendeson
New

sound from my laptop speakers and microphone

I have a sony vaio vpceb4d4e i do not have sound from the speakers.

the headphones work but microphone does not work at the sound panel it tells me there are no recording divices installed how can i solve this problem

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
kendeson
New

now the external microphone works.

head sets work with listening and microphone but the laptop speakers do not work.

when i play music i have to connect to an external divice since the laptop speakers produce no sound

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi kendeson,

Have the internal speakers and microphone ever worked?

Have you checked that Speaker/HP is selected as the default device on the Playback tab – Device Manager > Sound?

Have you checked in Device Manager, under ‘Sound, video and game controllers’, that ‘Realtek High Definition Audio’ is listed and that properties for this device states ‘working properly’? If not then try reinstalling the audio driver.

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VPCEB4D4E

The audio driver can also be reinstalled via Vaio Recovery Center – Reinstall Programs or Divers option.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi kendeson,

Can you tell us exactly what you have done to get the microphone working and whether you have checked that Speaker/HP is selected as the default device?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
kendeson
New

i unstalled the old sound drivers downloaded the sound drivers from the link and reinstalled.

in the volume control options i have ticked every box there thanks

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi kenderson,

Have you checked that Speaker/HP is selected as the default device?

Playback.JPG

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
kendeson
New

yes it is checked i am beginning to think that may be the laptop speakers are not connected or thet are bad

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi kendeson,

A hardware fault is a possibility. Do you see any movement on the volume bar, when sound is playing, on the screen under the Sound properties (as per my screenshot)?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
kendeson
New

Hi Rich

yes there is movements on the bar when i play sound

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi kendeson,

In that case all I can suggest is that you try inserting and removing the headphone jack several times in quick succession to see whether this releases the internal speaker mute mechanism.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat