Join now - be part of our community!

Sound problems after restarting everything

MJChilled
Visitor

Sound problems after restarting everything

I have just recently puirchased a new hard drive and installed all the vaio software, only to find i now have no sound at all..I have installed everything possible from the vaio support site even things i dont need and still no sound..Its very frustarating..is there no support number can call or something rather than having to a ridiculous ammount just to get my cound working? I was recently quoted 100 gbp to just look at the laptop..also one other thing for some strange reason my keyboard is set up in an american way so I no longer have a pound key and my @ sign is over the 2?? Heeeeellllppppppp

MikeJ

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi MJChilled,

Yes this can be a common problem after a clean install of Windows, but the usual cause is that the correct drivers are not installed rather than a hardware problem.

Please have a look in Device Manager (Click Start > Run and then type devmgmt.msc in the ‘Open’ dialogue box and click OK. Scroll down to ‘Sound, video and game controllers’. You should find a SoundMAX analogue device (or similar)listed.

If there is a warning that the device is not installed correctly or does not have the correct drivers then right click it and select update driver.

On the first 'Hardware wizard' window choose ‘No not this time’ and click next.

On the next window select ‘Install from a list or specific location’ and click next.

Then make sure that ‘Include this location in the search’ is checked, click the Browse button and locate the extracted Audio Drivers folder that you downloaded as part of the pre-installed drivers package from Vaio-Link and click next.

Hopefully this will install the correct drivers for your sound card.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
MJChilled
Visitor

Hey Rich,

Thank you sooooo very much..

it worked..thanks and sorry again for being so rude!!!

Kind regards

MJChilled

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You're welcome MJChilled.

thanks and sorry again for being so rude!!!

No problem, let's put it down to the stress of coping with PC problems :wink:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat