Join now - be part of our community!

Sounds problems with games for VGN-AR21s

far2ezee
Visitor

Sounds problems with games for VGN-AR21s

Could really do with a hand here!
I have 3 games, all reputable and all from large games manufacturers. (medieval total war, just cause and company of heroes)
All games have screwed up sound as if there is an echo on all noises the game produces. It seems to be fine for about 5 minutes of playing and then all of a sudden it starts. when people say something it will repeat it about 4/5 times. It seems to happen mainly in the actual game and not so much during cut scenes.
I have updated Direct x, the sound card for the notebook and am now at a brick wall. Any ideas on how to remedy this problem
Sincere thanks in advance.

19 REPLIES 19
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi far2ezee and welcome to Club Vaio.

Have you tried muting the internal microphone? I know you shouldnt get feedback but it's worth checking.

:wink:

far2ezee
Visitor

Hey Blencogo,

thanks for replying. It was a good point, but when I checked it was already muted. I also turned of the 'sonic stage mastering studio audio filter' which was on. No effect on either of these... :slight_frown:

profile.country.es_ES.title
pariope41
Visitor

To seeing am a user of a vaio ar and also I have had the same problem not if it(he) is the same, a few noises go out for my me when war executes certain games as total Rome, doom the IIIrd etc that you know that I have solved it, not esplicarme well because I am Spanish, make clear your failure(judgement) to me to see if it is like the mio ... I it have solved regards

pariope41
Visitor

For what I see it is a failure that 2 models of Vaio Ar have I have the model Intermedio of 1999 Euros and your that of 3000 Euros ... what it seem to be the model is that three models have soun reality ... has yours it not? If it(he,she) is like that answer me to say to you since(as,like) I it have done, but they it have said already them the technical support ... The problem is not of the sound chip, let's say to understand itself that there is an espececie of interference due to the acceleration sound hardware and one must lower his(her,your) speed in order that synchronized fenceregards This problem that we have I imagine that it(he,she) has to solve it with some update imagine that it is an update of bios of the motherboard, but good let's wait to that sony us of a trustworthier solution

pariope41
Visitor

??????? Habeis solucionado el problema de este portatil ? saludos

pswillies
Visitor

I'm having exactly the same problem with my copy of Medieval 2 on the AR21S... it's quite annoying.

Any suggestions as to how to fix it would be much appreciated!

:slight_smile:

pariope41
Visitor

The solution the teneis in this forum, the only thing that the this page in Spanish, here I have written the solution ... regards
The user who solves the problem is called Merlinpat

http://www.pc-portatil.com/foros/YaBB.pl?num=1168025383

far2ezee
Visitor

Trying to understand the spanish translation from the other link but it is not easy! Will post my results shortly

pariope41
Visitor

I encourage that the truth is very easy I use a translator online to do this and the question is that sure he(she) does not understand himself(herself) at all ... but good I believe that in the forum that indicates you clear well this one the explanation of like it(he,she) does to remove the sound that the portable one generates. Regards :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: