Join now - be part of our community!

SR19XN - Downgraded to XP and now cannot get back on to Vista...

phoenix2k
Visitor

SR19XN - Downgraded to XP and now cannot get back on to Vista...

Hi,
I am just wondering if anyone can help. I recently bought the SR19XN Vista laptop and it automatically comes with Windows Vista Business. As I wanted XP back on the PC, I ran the instructions to downgrade. However, I have not run a back up of Vista Business and somehow i have deleted the Vista recovery partition.

I have spoken to Vaio who says that they can provide another Vista Business CD but this will be at a cost of £37.00. I am just wondering whether there is any kind of cheaper alternatives as after spening over £900.00 on a laptop, it seems a bit of a raw deal to be spending another £37.00!

Any help you can give, Id appreciate.
:slight_smile:

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi phoenix2k,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

Are you sure your Vaio's hidden HDD recovery partition recovery partition has been deleted.?

Start your Vaio and when you see the Vaio logo screen press F10 repeatedly this normally would start the recovery process if the recovery partition is still present..

If that does not work and as you have not created a set of recovery disc's, then unfortunately you will have to contact Vaio-Link to purchase a new set of recovery DVD's for your Vaio.. :slight_frown: