Join now - be part of our community!

SS 3.1 available for Europe :-))

constantine_jk
Visitor

SS 3.1 available for Europe :-))

I just found out that SS 3.1 is available for Europe! The link is
http://www.sonydigital-link.com/DNA/nwHDD/nwHDD.asp?l=en

Do you think is ok for use with the VP. I cannot see any problem, but I am just asking since it is in the Network walkman support site.

38 REPLIES 38
bullroar
Visitor

Well I think it is an even bigger shack of sh*t than the last version, which is quite an achievement in itself. Why the feck can't it just import a bloody cd without reclassifying it into SS speak. I have a compilation CD's that have each been split up into several albums and I can't add the tracks back to where they came from. Really I should have known better. I hate the bloody thing already and I have only had it on board for 30 minutes.

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Excuse me the question but if you don't like the player (which I can fully understand), then use a other one!

http://www.audiohq.de/

And if you are MP3 freak then I would use LAME.

chris_lewis
Visitor

You can make a playlist of them Bullroar, and then set the track numbers in the properties of the track.

C

bullroar
Visitor

Well I could, but that is rather a lot of effort when SS has finished messing up something like 25% of my collection. Why the hell can't it just import them as they are. Grrrrrr.

Seb if your last comment was to me then I don't like the thing and don't use it unless I have to, which I do to get things onto my NW1 as I am not aware of any other way of so doing.

profile.country.en_GB.title
@4967457401015621
Visitor

bullroar you can i think use the vaio music transfer software, it's designed for the VP but I think I read somewhere that it can be used with other sony players, there's a thread somewhere on dapreview.net about it i think. or just download it from the vaio-link website and try it..

chris_lewis
Visitor

Hi Bullroar, Its good to have another HD1 owner here, how are you getting on with it? to me its the best & smallest player around!!:smileygrin: :smileygrin:Im getting 25 hours now the battery is run in!!

SS is a ball ache to use I agree, its very paticular about data, I thought I had all the albums locked down in terms of data entry for continuity between albums and tracks, source and so on. Even still some af my albums have been registered as a playlist insted!!! :thinking: I will see if I can get it to work when I get time!

Even still I would highly recommend it to anyone:smileygrin: :smileygrin:

C

bullroar
Visitor

I think the player is brilliant. I went out to buy one of the new mini disc things for my birthday last autumn, the NW had just (days before) been launched, holding and listening to it changed my mind immediately. Great bit of kit. But boy is it let down by SS, reminds me of the old Lancia and Alfa Romeo cars, you didn't drive one you lived with it!

chris_lewis
Visitor

I have only used SS since I got my new PC so I can get around its annoyances, personally I get on with it just fine, glad to hear you are happy with the HD1 as I am :smileygrin:

C

stix
Visitor

Well it seemed like a good idea to transfer everything back to the PC before doing the upgrade to SS3.1. Unfortunately at the end of the transfer, all tracks disappeared from the VP but did not appear in my library on the PC. So now I have to do it all over again.

Still, at least I don't have to worry about losing all my tracks anymore.

:slight_frown: :slight_frown: :slight_frown: