Join now - be part of our community!

SVE1112M1EW Black screen at boot up

Pil0t1
Explorer

SVE1112M1EW Black screen at boot up

Hi,

I have a sony vaio SVE1112M1EW wich recently suffered a hd failure. I replaced the dead hd  with a 500GB equivalent and made also an attempt to get hold of the usb recovery media from sony vaio with no avail ( apparently I've been told to refer to an external company to provide me with that particular usb recovery for my model, but they never got in touch with me despite several contact's attempts). However, I bought a windows 8.1 installation disk to be installed with an external dvd drive, but at this stage when i start my laptop, the screen doesn't show any sign of life, when instead the on/off green light is on, the battery/charge orange light is on and the orange light for the hd activity is completely off even if the button "Assist" (also follow other instructions that I was able to gather in this forum as hold the start button four seconds than twenty seconds and so on without any result).

My assumption is that probably the required booting informations ( about recovery) that are kept in the main drive, now dead, or the recovery usb media, aren't available so the machine won't boot up, but should it at least show a post screen or a message saying no bootable disc detected? Do I need to worry that other than the HD also the screen or motherboard are failing? I also made an attempt to connect my laptop to an external screen without results.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Pil0t1

4 REPLIES 4
giannis31
New

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY LAPTOP IT SEEMS THAT HAPPEN WITH AN UPDATE OF WINDOWS I SOLVE IT AFTER TWO FORMATS WITH ASSIST BUTTON BUT THERE IS OTHER ALSO SOLUTION SEARCH TO YOUTUBE YOU WILL FIND SOMETHING

Pil0t1
Explorer

Hi Giannis31 and thanks for your reply.

My Hard Drive has been replaced and it's completely empty. My issue is that when i hit the on/off button or the "Assist" key nothing happens: no soni vaio logo, no spalsh screen or not messages at all, just a black screen.

Today i tried removing both RAM sticks and booting the machine without them and no beeps codes given.

Tried also with unpluging the CMOS battery for 600 seconds ( 10 mins ) still with no joy. 

All the led lights are working exept the HD one ( even with the new drive in, I tested the new drive connecting it to another computer and it's working ).

Feeling baffled..:-(

seralbu
New

Hi PilOt1,

The similar situation with this model a few days happens. Did you resolve it? How?

profile.country.SE.title
amimalmk
Explorer

I had a similar situation with my SVT131B11M about 18 months ago. Initially I kept restarting until the screen worked.

Support told me to use the battery switch on the bottom  of the PC which made no difference. Then I bought a TV and used the HDMI interface.

Finally as I also had a problem with the WiFi & USB and it was still under warranty Sony took it for repair. The wireless adapter, screen & motherboard were replaced by them.