Join now - be part of our community!

SVE1712V1EB Windows totaly down

SOLVED
deltacek
New

SVE1712V1EB Windows totaly down

Hi,

my laptop show me few times BSOD ant didnt want to boot up, so with help of f8 during VAIO screen i choose to reinstal system without delete my data because i need tham to backup them before whole system wipe. Everything wend well i choose during restore my old account and restore take place, i get into system and save my files to the external HDD (but USB 3 speed was only about 22 MB/p ) and than i noticed i dont have admin rules and I m not abble to get tham anyhow - that mean no acces to the computer setting, to the admin prompt or root on disk... i can only get onto desktop and documents... i dont even get into computer/manage? (i have czech version of system, i mean place to instal drivers for hardware and mange your discs etc.). I try so many things to get the rules win key + X, win + f - cmd - ctrl + shift + enter  etc. ... worst part is without admin rules i cant start another reinstall of system again and computer seems to stop reacting for f8 during VAIO screen, even for f2 so no bios/efi to change boot priority to try install some other OS from CD (i dont have W8 key because there is no longer sticker on bottom of the laptop... ) so if anyone can help me how to restore my laptop to original factory settings or why f8 during POST doesnt work i would be really grateful...

in the end sorry for my english I m Czech and after all it is 1:25 in the morning... 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi deltacek and welcome.

Have you tried pressing the ASSIST button when your computer is turned off?  Follow the instructions "To Recover from the Recovery Area' in your Troubleshooting guide here: -

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/manuals/consumer/4445110111.pdf

Or the Czech version here: -

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/manuals/consumer/4445110811.pdf

Do not use the option to 'Refresh your Computer'.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi deltacek and welcome.

Have you tried pressing the ASSIST button when your computer is turned off?  Follow the instructions "To Recover from the Recovery Area' in your Troubleshooting guide here: -

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/manuals/consumer/4445110111.pdf

Or the Czech version here: -

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/manuals/consumer/4445110811.pdf

Do not use the option to 'Refresh your Computer'.

:thinking:

deltacek
New

Hi,

really thanks, the asist button is new information for me even when this is my 2. Vaio. Luckyly i manage to get f8 working during VAIO screen so I happyly restore to factory setiings with whole disk wipe, just for sure, thanks really lot 😉

Ondřej Jirák