Join now - be part of our community!

SVF1421C5E Wifi connection 'Limited'

SOLVED
PatrickHicks
Explorer

SVF1421C5E Wifi connection 'Limited'

I recently bought a new Vaio Fit 14E. The system is great, but my internet connection intermittently changes from 'Connected' to 'Limited'. The connection will drop anywhere from every 5 minutes to only once in a day. I can change it back by disconnecting and reconnecting to my access point. No other wireless or wired device in my household suffers from the same problem, including a Windows 7 PC, an IPod and a Blackberry tablet computer. The Vaio Laptop is running Windows 8.

I searched for solutions online and have enabled 'Metered Connections', disabled Bluetooth, reset my router (a BT HomeHub 3), and uninstalled all McAfee software (using the add/remove programs tool). None of these solutions have had any affect. I am currently using AVG Antivirus, with the basic Windows Defender Firewall.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Tags (1)
15 REPLIES 15
mohamda
Explorer

Dear all,

I am based in th UK as well. Been following the US forum re the VAIO FIT WIFI issue for some time now! I also occasionally suffer from the same problem. My Vaio fit model number is SVF15A1C5E

I hope the guys from Sony in this part of the world are listenineg to paying attention to this thread.

reservoir51
Explorer

The Sony USA Community moderators have set a precedent by offering a free external USB WLAN adapter to Vaio Fit owners with problematic wifi as a short-term solution, until a more permanent fix is found.

Will Sony UK moderators do the same for us based in the UK?

The more users complain about this, the more it puts pressure on Sony UK to find a solution.

IndieDani
Explorer

Hello, one of the members of the US Community suggested temporary solution:

Re: VAIO Fit slow wifi

I had the same problems, did send the notebook to Sony, they changed the Broadcom Wireless card but it dit not help. Then I found this driver:

http://www.sony.co.in/support/download/562906

The speed went up to a normal speed but sometimes the connection was lost. Then I found this driver:

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS031746

Now the connection is quick and stable for hours. Just try it and tell about your experiences!

(I am not responsible for any problems thay may arise from following my advice, use at your own responsibility)

rooster12
Explorer

Yep, I have been suffering for 2 months with this on my Duo 11. It used to be perfect then the ethernet driver failed first running from 39mps down to between .5 - 1.5

I then started using the wireless only, which worked fine, then went the same way.

I have done everything to rectify it, but was advised back in August by Sony that there had been an issue with a Windows 8 update around the time and the driver was not able to cope, so they were writing a fix. I was told this would be done by the end of August, but that wasn't the case. I phoned support again two weeks ago after getting frustrated with waiting and was told they are working on it and would be released at the end of the month. Well it's the end of the month and I have just checked for updates in Vaio care and nada!! If this prolongs I will also concider returning it and posting my displeasure where I can. I am a massive Sony fan (computer, phone, amp, gaming, camera etc) usually, but this has gone beyond the joke. Currently Vaio products are not fit for purpose. I was going to pre-order a PS4 and get a Smart Watch 2, but my current disatisfaction has caused me to reconcider both. Maybe I will chop it in for an Acer and used the saved money for an xbox one....

pegylaptop
Explorer

Hello!

for the problem : Wifi connection 'Limited' try this

https://ca.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/43725/p/48903,4990,74253,85577/c/65,67/kw/43725

and this

http://www.fixedbyvonnie.com/2013/10/how-to-fix-limited-or-no-connectivity-wi-fi-issues-in-windows-8...

from the second url i tried the 2. Wake up your Wi-Fi Adapter and the 3. Enable Download over metered connections

until now everything looks fine ... i have 2 days to see the "Limited connection" ...

I have a Sony SVF13N17PGB which has been losing the wireless signal regularly since I bought it. the laptop totally loses the wireless adapter in the Network Connections and you cannot even see the adapter to enable or disable it. The only way to resolve it is to connect a network cable and then reload the driver from Vaio Care which I have been doing a number of times per day or week. I have uploaded the latest drivers for Windoes 8 from the Internet about 20 times and the problem remians. Anyone with any ideas other than smashing the laptop (which I am getting close to) will be appreciated.