Join now - be part of our community!

SVS1312P9EB - BIOS and suspend mode

SOLVED
profile.country.it_IT.title
save85
Visitor

SVS1312P9EB - BIOS and suspend mode

Hi,

I've a Sony VAIO model SVS1312P9EB with Windows 8 and all Sony's applications.

There two strange behaviour:

1) If I don't use the pc after 2 minutes it will go in suspension mode. I've checked Windows settings about power management for every energetic profile, but there are nothing set to 2 minuts to suspension or standby. Are there other settings extra Windows (example, VAIO software?)?

2) BIOS: my version is R1021C8; VAIO UPDATE tell me to update R0081C8 (older): if I update it the next time VAIO UPDATE tell me to update to R1021C8 version. Loop!!! What are the differences between the two version? And what is the best?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
marcoecc
Explorer

Sony engineers have quietly solved this issue, or it has solved itself.

Today Vaio Update signalled an available update (PowerDVD software), and finally, the bogus BIOS update/downgrade to a older version has now disappeared, hopefully never to return. It was harmless, but still annoying to see this constant alert to do a clearly wrong operation (which by the way I did do, only to be then asked to upgrade to the more recent version, in a loop).

I was indeed waiting for any new, unrelated update to see if it would reset the Vaio Update notice llist.

All is ok now, at least on my laptop.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
marcoecc
Explorer

Hello,

I have the same problem with a SVS1512X9EB, except mine doesn't suspend unexpectedly.

Since several months Vaio Update tells me to upgrade between R0081C8 (older) and R1021C8 (newer).

Whenever I install one of the two, Vaio Update keeps showing the other one as necessary update.

I thought this was some sort of glitch with Vaio Update and that it would eventually sort itselft out, but it doesn't: I've jut installed another unrelated update, and Vaio Update is still advising to "update" the bios to the 27/12/2012 (R0081C8) version. Vaio Update also doesn't allow removing the alert on an unwanted update.

I finally left the newer version installed, but it bothers me that Sony is showing very poor or no customer care in this instance: sort your Vaio Update please, and tell us which BIOS version we should finally keep, please.

This has going on for at least 4 months, the other customer wrote in one month ago, and we surely can't be the only Vaio owners with this issue, although many others may not pay attention to Vaio Update at all.

Please support your customer with fixing your issues, thank you.

Message was edited by: marcoecc

fixed newer BIOS version

again fixed newer BIOS version: it's R1021C8!

Further info (which explains why I'm bothered by this BIOS update conflict): BIOS R0081C8 (27/12/2012) "Improves battery Lifetime, resolves hang up during Vaio Logo" BIOS R1021C8 (beginning of 2013) "Sustaining C8", "Update Vaio Care Rescue Mode". So, should we opt for the improved battery lifetime and hang-up fix, or for the update Vaio Care rescue mode? And what does "sustaining C8" mean, anyway? Thanks for any help.

profile.country.GB.title
marcoecc
Explorer

Sony engineers have quietly solved this issue, or it has solved itself.

Today Vaio Update signalled an available update (PowerDVD software), and finally, the bogus BIOS update/downgrade to a older version has now disappeared, hopefully never to return. It was harmless, but still annoying to see this constant alert to do a clearly wrong operation (which by the way I did do, only to be then asked to upgrade to the more recent version, in a loop).

I was indeed waiting for any new, unrelated update to see if it would reset the Vaio Update notice llist.

All is ok now, at least on my laptop.