Join now - be part of our community!

SXBIOS open error

duncans
Visitor

SXBIOS open error

Just been forced into a WINXP re-install:smileysad: Not best pleased, but it sort of worked ...

Now my problems start! Trying to get all the Sony stuff back is proving difficult.

D'loaded all the apps and drivers from the VAIO site but I am getting a consistent problem with something called SXBIOS. Apparently I don't have it, and Sony Utils/notebook setup/power panel etc. needs it.

Any ideas where it is, how to get it, where to instal it?

Ta

Duncan

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

I have a feeling that this is in the Sony Shared Libraries. Have you downloaded and installed this?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Once Sony Shared Libraries has been installed, run UTILS.EXE to install the remainder of the Sony software for your notebook.

EDIT

Just a thought, but when you said "WinXP Reinstall" did you reinstall this from the Sony Recovery CD's/DVD'(s)/HDD Partition or did you get a copy of Windows XP from CD then install that instead?

If you installed Windows XP from a Microsoft CD then this is where the problem lies - you need to recover your system from the Sony Recovery Disk to install a VAIO-branded version of Windows XP so that the Sony utilities will install as expected.

The reason they wont without a VAIO-branded operating system is to prevent piracy of the software and it being used on more than one computer.