Join now - be part of our community!

Synaptics tap not working

SOLVED

Synaptics tap not working

Hi there,

Hoping for some advice.

My Sony Vaio laptop, product number: SVE1511A1EW is only 3 months old and the Synaptics touchpad seems to be breaking.

The tap function no longer works, the integrated left and right click buttons work but when you move the pointer and click the mouse shoots around making clicking links rather tricky. When trying to scroll a page down by left clicking and scrolling the bar on the right this also works only 50% of the time.

I have re-installed the driver but this has not worked.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you :slight_smile:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi h_lorentzen and welcome to the Sony User Community.

I presume you have tried adjusting the mouse settings in Vaio Control Centre without any improvement?

It sounds to me like a hardware fault which may need a repair or touchpad replacement.  As your Vaio is still within warranty, I would contact Vaio Support to discuss the next steps.

To contact Support, go here and click on 'Vaio & Computing': -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/contacts

You will be asked to enter your Vaio's Serial Number and the system will check your Warranty status and give you contact options.  Telephone Support is usually the most reliable.

:slight_frown:

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi h_lorentzen and welcome to the Sony User Community.

I presume you have tried adjusting the mouse settings in Vaio Control Centre without any improvement?

It sounds to me like a hardware fault which may need a repair or touchpad replacement.  As your Vaio is still within warranty, I would contact Vaio Support to discuss the next steps.

To contact Support, go here and click on 'Vaio & Computing': -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/contacts

You will be asked to enter your Vaio's Serial Number and the system will check your Warranty status and give you contact options.  Telephone Support is usually the most reliable.

:slight_frown: