Join now - be part of our community!

The Vaio Fit 14 - how to change the battery?

SOLVED
01september
Explorer

The Vaio Fit 14 - how to change the battery?

Recently I ordered a Vaio Fit 14 and I did some research on it. I found out that the battery is built within the computer and cannot be removed manually. If the battery (after some years) gets poor or even critical, do I have to send it in to a Sony Center for them to fix or will my own insurance cover it? 
- A little confused here, the Vaio I have now has a removable battery. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Having Googled a bit, it looks like the Vaio-Fit 14 just has a normal clip in battery VGP-BPS35A.

Here is a spare one for sale in the US: -

http://www.love-battery.com/product_detail.asp?id=9800

I can't find anything in the UK yet or if there is a high capacity option.

View solution in original post

01september
Explorer

I found out the backside has a lot of screws, so it can probably be removed manually. Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi 01september and welcome to the Sony User Community.

You could always ask the Sales people on 0207 365 2413.  There seems little information online except that the battery is a VGP-BPS34.

I'll see if I can find out if the battery is like the old S and Z series (which require a screwdriver) or if it needs returning to Sony for service like the Tablet.

:thinking:

01september
Explorer

Thank you. I hope you can find out how the battery works - also, if the battery can be removed manually, can I change it to a new battery that lasts longer than the standard one? Because the Vaio Fit seems to have a fine battery life, but I'd like for it to last a bit longer.
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Having Googled a bit, it looks like the Vaio-Fit 14 just has a normal clip in battery VGP-BPS35A.

Here is a spare one for sale in the US: -

http://www.love-battery.com/product_detail.asp?id=9800

I can't find anything in the UK yet or if there is a high capacity option.

01september
Explorer

I found out the backside has a lot of screws, so it can probably be removed manually. Thanks!