Join now - be part of our community!

THE VIDEO DRIVER FAILED TO INITIALIZE

myngthuy
Visitor

THE VIDEO DRIVER FAILED TO INITIALIZE

Hi all,
I have a Sony vaio model PCG-GRT895 with Windows XP. I just had to do Repair Install XP. After finishing repair install it restarted as normal but I get the message: THE VIDEO DRIVER FAILED TO INITIALIZE,
STOP : 0x000000B4 (...) with a blue screen and dumping memory.
I restarted in safe mode but got the same error.
Is there any one who know experienced in this problem and how to solve it? Thanks a lot.
Nguyen.

3 REPLIES 3
myngthuy
Visitor

Is there anyone who knows about this? please help me!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I just had to do Repair Install XP

Hi myngthuy,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

a quick google and it appears that if a repair install fails to resolve your problem then I think
you may have to re-install your OS using the Sony Vaio recovery disc's.. :slight_frown:

If you haven't backed up your data you could try using something like Knoppix, use the following link for further info: What is Knoppix.?

myngthuy
Visitor

Hi,
The reason that I had to run the repair install was:
- I suspected some viruses, I tried: Norton antivirus, Spyware doctor, Kaspersky. The system can still work, but sometimes it suspended unexpectedly during scanning, sometimes when I open browser with media, (video, flash, movie...). I had to turn the power off and restart, and so on...

- I use VPN, is there some conflict with anitvirus tools?

I tried with live CD Knoppix and it works smoothly. So, it's not hardware issue, right?

Is there any possibility to resolve the problem without having to reinstall the OS.?
Thanks.