Join now - be part of our community!

Touch pad buttons very unresponsive

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bezrider
Visitor

Has anyone else had this problem, my Vaio laptop is only a fer weeks old and its one of the ones with the button less touch pad (you just press the left or right corner of the pad instead).

It is very unpredictable sometimes the buttons work sometimes you get a delay, I have noticed it mostly when using Internet explorer, I click on something and a 2 to 3 second delay before something happens (it is not down to my Internet connection as I have two other laptops and they work fine).

It has gotten so frustrating that I have gone out and bought a wireless mouse to use with the laptop instead of the pad.

Dose anyone know if this could be a softwear problem or is it more likely to be hardwear? 

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Bezrider,

Not having a model with this type of touchpad it is difficult to advise, but I suspect from your description of the problem that it is a settings related issue. Have you investigated the touchpad settings menu for such things as touch sensitivity or similar?

You could of course try another browser such as Firefox to see whether this also has the same problem, otherwise try reinstalling the touchpad drivers.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bezrider
Visitor

Thanks for the info will check it out :slight_smile: