Join now - be part of our community!

Touchpad ceased working on Vaio VPCEH3B1E/P 15.5" Laptop - Pink on

profile.country.en_GB.title
Lalibug
Visitor

Touchpad ceased working on Vaio VPCEH3B1E/P 15.5" Laptop - Pink on

I bought the Vaio VPCEH3B1E/P 15.5" Laptop - Pink on April 19 and out of the blue last night the touchpad ceased working and the mouse pointer is frozen midscreen.  Can anyone tell me if this is a common fault and how to fix it?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Lalibug,

Check that the pointing device is enabled – Open Vaio Control Center > Keyboard and Mouse > pointing Device. Also click the advanced button and if you have a tab for Device Settings make sure that the device is enabled.

If that doesn’t solve the problem then open Control Panel > Device Manager > Expand Mice and other pointing devices and make sure that a PS/2 Port TouchPad is listed and reported as working. If not let us know what is listed and whether ther are any error messages under Properties.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.ru_RU.title
alexrz
Contributor

Lalibug wrote:

I bought the Vaio VPCEH3B1E/P 15.5" Laptop - Pink on April 19 and out of the blue last night the touchpad ceased working and the mouse pointer is frozen midscreen.  Can anyone tell me if this is a common fault and how to fix it?

It's kind of common if it's related to static charge. Try to do following - 1. turn off your laptop 2. pull out charging cord from it 3. take off the battery 4. push "turn on" button on the laptop and keep it pushing for 30 seconds to take off the static charge from the mother board. 5. back actions.

If this will not help the problem isn't common:smileyhappy:. It's better to visit SC.