Join now - be part of our community!

tvtv channel assignment

rcurry
Visitor

tvtv channel assignment

I installed the tvtv for Vaio update to fix the BST problem, but now it won't let me assign any VAIO PVR channels to a tvtv channel - the list of VAIO PVR channels is blank under "Channel Management" in tvtv Preference. It did work previously. I've also resinstalled VAIO Media and installed the latest version of VAIO Media Server. I've tried resetting the VAIO PVR channels.

Has any one else had this problem or does anyone know a solution?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.de_BE.title
stephanius
Visitor

Vaio Media has nothing to do with this problem, its just for streaming content on your private network.

I assume you can watch live TV and browse the internet, so TV card, TV software and internet connection are ok.

Have you tried clicking on 'update tvtv channel list' in the channel management?
Have you tried switching your firewall(s) off ot exclude that the tool might be blocked from communication with the server?
Have you tried removing the TVTV tool, deleting its installation folder and then reinstalling it?

Hope that helps!

rcurry
Visitor

Tried update tvtv channel list, firewall off, delete tvtv & reinstall, didn't make any difference.

Finally I went back to the original Vaio Media using Vaio recovery and deinstalled and reinstalled the tuner software and that did the trick.

Now that it finally works, this is a cool bit of kit - I can pick dozens of programmes to record in a few minutes and then watch them, or live tv on my laptop anywhere in the house or garden.

Thanks for the help