Join now - be part of our community!

TZ31 WN/B WWAN doesn't work with Orange (UK) GlobeTrotter Connect

AJSG
Visitor

TZ31 WN/B WWAN doesn't work with Orange (UK) GlobeTrotter Connect

Hello everybody, just got the new TZ and the format is excellent.

Major complaint it the sheer amount of malaware that Sony installs as standard, but I suppose its what pays to keep all those marketing folk in comfortable shoes and lip balm.

Primary issue is that I cannot get the built in adapter to function using the Orange Globe Trotter Connect software. I have uninstalled the T-Mobile software and rebooted a random amount of times just to get Viscrap to recognise the new drivers.

Question is, should I just give up and buy a express slot card and return the laptop to XP...or has anyone found a solution to such problem.

Clearly Orange blames Sony, and Sony says it doesn't support anything...

Thanks in advance...

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

AJSG
Visitor

Thank you for that link, by the way how did you get the search engine to work? I've tried for two days and it always returns as unavailable.

Funnily...using the Orange Branded Globetrotter Software...I can use my 2G (Edge) sim card from my Blackberry...very slow but at least I get something.

It now hangs on "Device found, wait while initialising..."

I will try MWConn today. Will report....

Andrew.

AJSG
Visitor

Right, I tried my 3G sim card in a friends SZ laptop which simply uses Globetrotter software to connect. It works.

However on my TZ I still have driver issues...both in Vista and XP...should I simply send it back?