Join now - be part of our community!

Unable to Project to Bravia from Vaio on Windows 8.1

nadimuk
New

Unable to Project to Bravia from Vaio on Windows 8.1

Hi,

I am trying to Project from my Vaio (Windows 8.1) to my Bravia (KDL-46W905A). When trying to Project, the end result is that the TV shows a message of 'Device connection failed'.

The method that I use is the following

1. On the TV, I go to Home > Settings > Network > WiFi Direct Settings. I don't do anything here at this stage.

2. On my PC I go the right hand menu using my finger and then select 'Devices > Project > Add a Wireless Display'

3. It then searches for a wireless display, finds my Television and then I select it in the list

4. Immediately after selection the TV displayes a message 'Are you sure you want to register the following device?'. On my PC a message also appears 'Enter the WPS PIN for your Bravia or in the info that came with it'

5. Firstly on the TV I click on 'Accept' which then displays a WPS PIN for 2 minutes only. I enter this same WPS PIN into my PC and click next

6. On the PC and TV it initially shows that the Bravia and Vaio have connected. The TV shows a message that it is trying to set up 'Screen Mirroring'

7. Then after 30 seconds, there is a message on the TV to say 'Device Connection Failed'. On the PC, under Devices, it shows my TV under 'Projectors' however it states 'Not Connected'.

I'm at a loss why two products that I have recently bought at the same time from Sony can't connect smoothly.

thanks

1 REPLY 1

My experience is similar with laptop Acer V3-471 under Win 8.1.

My Bravia mirrors my Nexus 7 flawlessly via WiFi Direct.

So I continued to do the same from my laptop and ran completely stuck.

I have yet to find a TV that will mirror my Acer. Samsung and LG TV's do'nt mirror either.

Acer has no answer, neither has Sony.

Amazing how some video's on the net can demonstrate mirroring from Win 8.1 as if it were a piece of cake as long as you use certified components. Well, my WiFi and video adapters are, as well as my Bravia.

How to join forces as user community to get it to work as promoted??