Join now - be part of our community!

Unable to re-install Windows 7 on my Sony Vaio VPCF13Z1E

SOLVED
profile.country.nl_BE.title
ddewaele
Visitor

Unable to re-install Windows 7 on my Sony Vaio VPCF13Z1E

I'm unable to re-install Windows 7 (OEM DVD) on my Sony Vaio. At the beginning of the installation I'm getting : "a required cd/dvd device driver is missing."

I can Browse to load a driver but I don't have any idea what driver they are referring to and where I can download it.

I have this issue when re-installing from an official Windows 7 dvd., as well as from a USB stick.

In the BIOS I don't have any options except for changing the boot order.

My model is VPCF13Z1E. The drivers I find on the Sony package are all in EXE format that I cannot put on the usb stick for the install process to load.

I have the impression that it's caused by the USB3 ports (windows 7 doesn't have the drivers for them out of the box ?). Why it doesn't work using the Windows DVD I don't understand (there is a bluray device on the machine, perhaps its related to that).

Any ideas on how to fix this ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ddewaele
Visitor

Didn't relalize the eSata port also acts as a USB 2.0 port. Installing windows 7 from the usb 2.0 port worked fine.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ddewaele
Visitor

Didn't relalize the eSata port also acts as a USB 2.0 port. Installing windows 7 from the usb 2.0 port worked fine.