Join now - be part of our community!

Unknown device reported in device manager.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
peharri7312
Visitor

"on Intel(R) HM65 Express Chipset Family LPC Interface Controller - 1C49"
"The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)"
I have downloaded and installed all the Windows 8 drivers on the support website. The problem persists.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
peharri7312
Visitor

I refreshed Windows 8 again, then re-installed the drivers from the Sony UK site. All is working fine now!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi peharri7312,

If you provide your product model number and whether you still have the original OS installed then someone may be able to help.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
peharri7312
Visitor

Rich

I could roll back to Windows 7, but I installed Windows 8. It worked fine until I used the "refresh " option, which re-installed the Windows 8 OS. There are upgrade files on the Sony UK site. I need to Know which driver to apply.

Pete

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Pete,

Without knowing your product model number and method of upgrading to Win 8 it is difficult to advise, but in general terms the Win 8 upgrade drivers available on the Sony EU support site require the original Win 7 driver to be in place – you should be able to see from the size of these files (the Win 8 chipset driver for one model that is supported for upgrade is only 2.3 Kb whereas the original Win 7 driver is 3.41 Mb) that they are not a complete product but a link to download and install the upgrade to the original driver.

As you have discovered the Refresh option does not retain any of the original OEM OS, drivers, software or utilities, so effectively a clean install.

One thing you could try is to attempt an install of the original Win 7 Chipset driver and then attempt to upgrade. Not having experience of this procedure I have no idea whether this will work. If not then a reset to factory settings and then an upgrade using whatever method you used may be the answer.

Alternatively you could search the USA Support site for a similar model to yours as I believe they do support a clean install of Windows 8 – they may have a full Sony Win 8 chipset driver available.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Pete,

Just spotted your other post giving model number VPCL22V1E.

The VPCL22SXX uses the same chipset as your model - Intel® 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - and have a common Win 7 version of the driver (9.2.0.1021)

The Win 8 64Bit Driver is 9.3.0.1021.0831 and the release date is 02/10/2012.

You will find this on the USA support site under Motherboard.

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=VPCL22SFX&template_id=1&region_id=1&tab=download#/do...

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
peharri7312
Visitor

Rich

Thanks for that! The driver is the same as the one on the UK site. I have installed it again and the problem persists. The US site is good because it contains the Viao bundled software, some of which is quite useful. I may try rolling the drivers back to Windows 7 versions, then re-installing the Windows 8 set. It is becoming annoying because things were fine before the refresh! That facility should come with a health warning!

Pete

peharri7312
Visitor

I refreshed Windows 8 again, then re-installed the drivers from the Sony UK site. All is working fine now!