Join now - be part of our community!

Update Drivers and Slow Internet Explorer 9

profile.country.en_GB.title
thundachild
Visitor

Update Drivers and Slow Internet Explorer 9

Help:
Can you assist with the reinstallation of ISATAP#11 driver and updates of drivers for the other ISATAP errors shown as faulty. And if this is not what is causing IE9 to go so slowly have you got any suggestions to resolve that?

I have sent an email to Sony Suport but have no idea how long that will take and they will probably just want to re-format it wiping everything clean. I am really worried about trying to back up everything on the computer to reformat to factory settings and then re laod and reinstall everything thats on there. Have no idea how to back up Outlook 2003 files and dont know where the disks are for some of the software loaded.

I inherited my Sons Vaio laptop when he went to Uni. It was originally bought for him from Comet in September 2007 and till recently it has been a great little laptop I am more than happy with.
It is marked on front as a VGN-C2Z.
Search actually Identified it as a VGN-C2Z/B
Model Number on label at back is PCG-6R1M
Serial Number : 28249450 – 5000158.

It was getting a bit sluggish but I really started having serious problems a few weeks ago.
This started when it asked to install a windows update. It had been notifying me of this for a few days and I decided to allow it. As it completed it asked if I wanted to make Internet Explorer my default Browser, which it always has been so I said yes.
I then discovered three things:
(1) It had changed from my original IE to IE-9,
(2) it was taking ages to load IE, new tabs in IE and to start Outlook,  and
(3) It had failed to load one of the Windows updates properly.

I assumed all the problems related to the failed Windows Update and spent some time trying to resolve these issues

The Error pointed towards a problem updating Silverlight as it needed to uninstall the old version, but this would not “Uninstal” and eventually I found a forum that recommended loading “Revo Uninstaller” and this removed the old “Silverlight”
Which allowed me to run the remaining “Windows Update” successfully…….But IE9 was still loading painfully slowly.

My internet/broadband is working perfectly well on other laptops (including the one I am using) so that is not the problem.

More research suggested that I should uninstall Google Chrome (Not sure when or why that had been installed) if IE9 was running slowly. So I used the “Revo Uninstaller” to remove that.

But still no change, and I discovered about this time (but it could have been there all along) that I couldn’t open links in Outlook emails. They worked when I went on line to Hotmail or Yahoo but not in Outlook. The message was “ This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer, please contact your system administrator”

I found the advice on the following web site
"http://www.slipstick.com/problems/this-operation-has-been-cancelled-due-to-restrictions/"
Working through it: though not in order as I am terrified of playing with registry so that came last:
User solutions:

Couldn’t do “tgrf” solution re phishing setting as I have Outlook 2003 and options are not the same.

“Alans” Solution: didn’t get round to re-installing/uninstalling Chrome again.

“Lain” Solution was to empty “outlooksecuretempfolder” but for the life of me I followed the advice but couldn’t find this folder.
I did complete: Reset web settings, Import Registry Key using the “Fixit" link, Edit Registry, pt2 using “Fixit” link and Set Access in Control Panel... and somewhere along the line the problem with links in outlook resolved itself:

But:.. Outlook still took ages to load as did IE9 and each subsequent tab. I noticed that it took about a minute, actually I made it 54 seconds each time.. which was spooky as that is exactly what someone said in
"http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie9-windows_other/ie9-very-slow-internet-explorer-9-take..."

So I now worked through that:

Tried a system Restore: but it didn’t work, It just wouldn’t restore back prior to the Windows update…

Then went as directed to:
"http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie9-windows_7/error-internet-explorer-has-encountered-a-..."
and did the suggested actions there:
Blocked/tested “Add On's” including turning all of them off, Reset Internet Explore Settings using inetcpl/cpl,  and then altered Software Rendering in inetcpl/cpl to “use software rendering instead of GPU rendering” None of these have made any difference.

Then I decided to run Norton Diagnostic Report  and it came up with following faults:
……………………………………….
Microsoft ISATAP Adaptor #2
Root\*ISATAP\0003
Windows cannot load required device drivers (Code 31)
……………………………………….
Microsoft ISATAP Adaptor #9
Root\*ISATAP\0026
……………………………………….
Microsoft ISATAP Adaptor #11
Root\*ISATAP\0028
……………………………………….
Microsoft ISATAP Adaptor #15
Root\*ISATAP\0035
……………………………………….
Photosmart C7200 series device is disabled (code 22)
Root\MULTIFUNCTION\0000

Went to “Fix” button and this took me to  “Device Manager” where the ITAP Adaptors where shown with a little yellow warning triangle.
I tried various attempts to resolve issues but it appears the only thing I could really do was. Clicked the “Check for solutions” button which apparently sent fault to Microsoft and clicked the “Update Driver” button which said the driver was up to date.

So searched for solution and found this:
"http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-hardware/microsoft-isatap-adapter-2-c..."
Followed directions and uninstalled ISATAP Adaptor#11 and rebooted…
Now it is even slower, takes about three minutes to load IE9 !!!! and I cant work out how to reinstall ISATAP Adaptor#11. So I am not touching the others until I resolve problem or missing #11.

After a bit more searching I found a thread that suggested re-installing original Sony Vaio factory drivers/updates but had a devil of a time establishing what my laptop is as there was no exact match to the model reference on the laptop VGN-C2Z. The button to remote check my laptop didn’t appear to work… probably going too slow.  However after a lifetime waiting for each step to open finally found a step where I could enter serial number and it’s a  VGN-C2Z/B and managed to get to download for drivers.
But really not sure what I am doing here. When it got to run or save I wasnt sure so I clicked  run, and after that had no idea as it just came up with the computer folders window on a file location for drivers but I have no idea if I have to search for the drivers I need… and I have no idea what they are indexed/named as anyway… or if I have to do something else…
Please can you help me get my Vaio working again.
Regards
Peter

0 REPLIES 0