Join now - be part of our community!

Update problems Vaio

scottyboy66
Visitor

Update problems Vaio

I wonder if you can help me guys, I have a Vaio VPCEB1S0E/WI and it is tring to update via Vaio Update the following update:

VAIO Recovery Center Update Program 1.8.0.64

it always comes back as failed to update, I tried dowloading the same update from Vaio Support and it will not install.

Windows 7 Home Prtemium x64

Any ideas please,

Scott

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Scott,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

Have you checked that you do not already have the current version installed.?

Could you provide the exact error message please and possibly an image as well.

scottyboy66
Visitor

Thalamus,

i have taken 3 images before,during and after update could you please tell me how to upload them.

Got them uploaded as you can see !!!
Thsnks,

Scott

profile.country.nl_NL.title
harozen92
Visitor

I am experiencing the same with my VPCF11M1E. This forum topic describes the same problem (in German) and it says that if you unpack the update file you will find the file "Windows6.1-KB979366-x64.msu". When I run this file it says that the update is already installed. And that's right according to the Control Panel>Programs>Updates. When I uninstall the update, VAIO Update doesn't show the update. When I reinstall this Windows Update VAIO Update shows the update again. So currently i just leave the update uninstalled (not experiencing any problems) so VAIO Update doesn't show this update. Hope this helps making the problem a bit more clear. :slight_smile: