Join now - be part of our community!

Updating AMD HD Radeon 7650 1GB driver ???

profile.country.el_GR.title
yellopop
Visitor

Updating AMD HD Radeon 7650 1GB driver ???

Hi everyone, just yesterday i purchased a sony vaio sve171291eb with an amd radeon hd 7650 1gb graphics driver.

Firstly, i tried to play a VERY simple game (ricochet) but the graphic card couldn't manage, resulting in the game crashing. I then get informed via the 'windows action centre icon' that the graphics card needs updating. I went to update the driver via both amd and sony support websites, only to find out that the driver update i need is not supported by sony vaio laptops! To rub salt in the wounds i have spent most of today trying to research my laptop model number and serial.....even the sony website tells me that there is no such laptop model as mine! To confuse matters more there are 2 different product numbers on the bottom of my laptop, one on a sticky label and another on the actual casing, neither of which are recognised by sony's support page. How is this possible when it's printed on the bottom of the laptop and on the box it came in. Anyone else have a simular problem, or even better a solution?

What's the point of sony offerring a help and support webpage if it's no help what so ever to the product i've purchased ?

Someone please cheer me up!

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi yellopop and welcome.

There may be a driver update on the support website - if you can find the correct model!!

The correct model should be on the screen surround, on a label on the bottom of the Vaio, on the box and also in Control Panel -> Vaio Control Centre -> System Information.

Looking at the models, I think your Vaio will be something like SVE1712*1E where the * can be any letter from A to Z - but it will be a letter not a number.

Looking at the downloads page for the SVE1712S1E, there does not seem to be an AMD Driver update. What driver version do you have installed?

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/sve1712s1eb

If you can't find the model in Control Panel -> Vaio Control Centre, post the specifications of your model and someone will probably be able to help.

I'm not sure if your model has dual graphics cards. If so, make sure you are using the AMD Graphics and not the Intel HD Graphics.Right-Click on the desktop and make sure AMD is selected.

:thinking: