Join now - be part of our community!

UPGRADING RAM QUESTION - VAIO LAPTOP SVF1521P2EB

SOLVED
jgn1982
Explorer

UPGRADING RAM QUESTION - VAIO LAPTOP SVF1521P2EB

Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone might be able to offer some advice on whether it is possible to upgrade the RAM on the following laptop ?

SVF1521P2EB

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/sony-fit-15-svf1521p2eb-15-6-touchscreen-lapt...

To be honest, for a casual user - internet, film, music,itunes, PS etc I thought 4GB was going to be sufficient for my needs - however, I am shocked by the laptop's ability to multi-task when compared to my previous Asus X53E with 6GB of RAM - the performance is so bad I am regretting the purchase - it is very frustrrating.

I would love to upgrade to 8GB or even 12GB if possible - can anyone point me in the direction of where I could buy RAM for this laptop and even if it is possible at all ? Furthermore, does upgrading RAM default the 1 year warranty ?

Thanks a lot in advance for you assistance.

13 REPLIES 13
vauxfan
Explorer

Thanks mate thats a great help. I have ordered 1 off crucial so that means if i leave the 4gb in there i will end up with the maximum 12 gb.

I will see if i can find the link.
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

@vauxfan wrote:
Thanks mate thats a great help. I have ordered 1 off crucial so that means if i leave the 4gb in there i will end up with the maximum 12 gb.

I will see if i can find the link.

If you have a SVF1521P2EB model Vaio then the link in my first reply (copied below) will be the same for you..:smileywink:

Crucial.com's memory advisor, a forum favourite supplier, states your Vaio can support a maximum of 12GB & recommends the following guaranteed compatible upgrade

vauxfan
Explorer

i have just installed the extra 8gb from crucial but i have to say the computer doesn't seem any faster? maybe even a little slower? any ideas? how can i check the pc is running at full speed?