Join now - be part of our community!

URGENT HELP WITH SS + AP1L PLEASE!

lordviper
Visitor

URGENT HELP WITH SS + AP1L PLEASE!

ok bought my ap1l finally but am having immense problems with sonic stage!!!!!!!!
for instance. when i arrange my library in sonic stage it looks kushty, apart from the fact tat a lot of the albums are left outside of the alphabet arrangement brackets.
but when i go to transfer my library to my mp3 player it all goes boobies up! really frustrating. heres what happens-
-album art and artist/ track info is not the same as when i arrange it in sonic stage. eg, whitney houstons album cover is on mya's album after i transfer it! and if you look in justin timberlakes album youll find the beastie boys!? wtf? and tracks are in the wrong place too.
-it doesnt want to transfer music. for some track itll say file not found, even though the file plays in sonic stage perfectly but itll still say not found.
secondly itll say rights for this file/album are not found. what?!!!! peice of pap.
itll allow me to transfer eminem but not dre (no rights found)
itll allow justin timberlake but not usher (no file found)
oh wait ive got it! my mp3 players racist!!!! why didnt i think of that?
no but seriously, if i cant get this sorted by monday-ish then this is going back to JL in exchange for the 60ipod photo, which i dont really want to do.
it takes me 6 hours each time i have to rename and apply album art after re-installing sonic stage. this is becoming a joke and i hope someone has a solution for me.
please help
thanks.

18 REPLIES 18
lordviper
Visitor

ok cool cheers guys. wow you guys replyt pretty quickly on this forum. i thought id have to wait a week for a response.
thanks!:smileygrin:
also how do i seperate my photo folders? i know sony doesnt want me to, but i read somwhere here that another forum member just made another user_002 folder or something. heres what i want to do
have my hong kong holiday in one folder, dubai in another and general pics in the third. how to do this? i dont mind if the folders have funny names like user_XXX or whatever as long as i can have different folders.
thanks guys i really appreciate the help.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

ok cool cheers guys. wow you guys replyt pretty quickly on this forum. i thought id have to wait a week for a response.
thanks!:smileygrin:

Hehe nah we like to help people out ask quickly as we can.

Thorin
Visitor

Try to give the folders the date of the journey like: user_074! 07= month like july and 4 is the year! Its funny, but sony does this feature to fast, without thinking, because i think you can´t give names. Perhaps we should collect the whole mistakes and problems and should send them to sony and will say them we all bring the vaio pocket back. Ok will not do that, because I love it anyway, but sony have to do anything! :wink:
Thorin

nemo66
Visitor

Kee-Lo (MASTER 😉

Well...i must disagree....as i was early an APPLE-User (ADEPT) i also owned an iPod (original) buyed for way too much money.
Looked gorgeouse but that was all.
Many malfunction, short battery power and many resets it needed to work.
So i sell´d it......
Later i got the third generation of iPod....way better than the first, but also cheaper in construction and material than the original...
Still b&w display....still " Not a SONY" ;-))

BTW....today i will get my Vaio Pocket 40GB....

Let´s see the difference....

regards,

nemo66...the best sniper in town!:smileydevil:

kee-lo_

I agree about the battery, but I hardly ever reset

lordviper
Visitor

i need more help guys! sorry to keep bothering you.
but my SS tracks should be alphabetically organised, but when in album view and i arrange by artist names, there a few which are underneath Z in no category. they are all named correctly.
why is this and how do i fix it?
also i want to delete all the omg files on my pc so that i only have an mp3 library. will this affect me in anyway? ie, will i have a problem vreating my own playlists (albums)?
cheers again guys:smileygrin:

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

i need more help guys! sorry to keep bothering you.

No - not at all - we are here to help YOU - something Sony cannot grasp at the moment (but that story is for another time).

but my SS tracks should be alphabetically organised, but when in album view and i arrange by artist names, there a few which are underneath Z in no category. they are all named correctly.

This may be because they are in an unknown album - have all the albums got a name?

also i want to delete all the omg files on my pc so that i only have an mp3 library. will this affect me in anyway? ie, will i have a problem vreating my own playlists (albums)?

Deleting OMG files may damage your SonicStage Database - something that cannot be repaired (a free idea for you Sony - database repairs for SonicStage 3 - and I said it first LOL).

Backup all of your existing critical cannot-live-without-them albums onto a CD-R disk or a DVD disk - the remaining space cannot be used. Doing this will mean that should you damage the database by deleting OMG files you have a full and complete backup on reliable media.

Note that this tool REQUIRES internet access (heaven knows why - answers on a post card LOL).

Good Luck.

kee-lo_

Sorry to go off topic, James, wow, you've definately got a bee in your bonet tonight.....

lordviper
Visitor

figured out you have to put artist initials for it to be alphabetised. i think ill leave the omg files for now as it sounds like a headache.
and the final thing i found out was that there is no SS 3.0 penned for a solid release yet, the next version to come out will be 2.3 in december.