Join now - be part of our community!

Urgently Need Sata Raid Drivers

Silver1973
Visitor

Urgently Need Sata Raid Drivers

Hi!

I'm from Greece, and I bought a Sony Vaio laptop in October 2007. The Model Number is VGN-NR11Z_S with WIndows Vista Home Premium already installed. From the moment that I bought it, the Recovery Center was not working properly. It kept coming up with a message saying "Failed to create an Empty Document". I checked to see why it was doing that and found out that it was due to the fact that on the initial installation of Windows Vista I completed the installation in Greek, so the Recovery Center wasn't working. I said ok. I made a wrong choice in language selection. I then proceed and do an F10 System Restore, and recomplete the initial installation. This time in English, but also supporting the Greek language, as I am in Greece. The Recovery Center opens properly, but when I try to go and create the Recovery Discs, as I don't have the original Installation Discs for my laptop, as they were never given to me by the salesperson of the store that I purchased the Vaio, and were not also within the packaging of the laptop, which is the way it is with other laptops. On other laptops the discs are incuded in the packaging. since within the price that you are paying for the pc as a buyer you are also purchasing the operating system that's on it.

I got so fed up with the problems that I was having with Windows Vista, that I went ahead and formatted the laptop with Linux Kubuntu, in order to get rid of Vista. I know that by doing that that the warantee on the laptop is null and void. I soon found that it was difficult for me to work Linux Kubuntu, as i had never worked with Linux Kubuntu before.

I now want to format the laptop again with Windows, but not with Vista, Because for me Windows Vista is a completely unreliable operating system by my standards and should have never been created in the first place. I want to install Windows XP, which is far more reliable.

But for me to be able to do that, I urgently need the Sata Raid Drivers for the Vaio, so that I can install XP onto it. Does anyone know where I can find the Sata Raid Drivers, So that I can get the peace of mind that i desire with my Vaio laptop. If anyone can give me a reliable answer i would be grateful.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Silver1973 and welcome to Club Vaio.

If you do not have any Recovery Discs, you will have to download the SATA drivers from INTEL here: -

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/filter_results.aspx?strTypes=all&ProductID=2101&OSFullName=Windows*+...

Download No2 - the 32-bit Floppy Disc Configuration Utility and EITHER put this on a floppy disc and press F6 when you get to the 'Welcome to Setup' screen OR use 'nLite' and slipstream the SATA drivers into the installation.

When asked, you need to chose the drivers for: -

ICH8M Sata AHCI driver for mobile

It does not look like Sony have made ANY Drivers and Utilities available for download for the NR-Series and will not be releasing ANY XP Drivers at all. I have not looked at it in detail but it looks to me that the hardware (apart from the Video Card) is the same as for the VGN-N11S which was released with XP installed. I think if I were you, I would try installing the Original Drivers Package for the VGN-N11S and in addition use the Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 XP Driver from the Sony Downgrade for VGN-FZ29 download page.
:wink: