Join now - be part of our community!

USB Drivers for Vaio VGN-FE550G??

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
AJCh13
Visitor

USB Drivers for Vaio VGN-FE550G??

Hello

I have acquired a Vaio VGN-FE550G from a family member, but the USB ports dont work.

Ive uninstalled them and restarted the laptop but it cant find the driver.

I also havent got any disks etc when i got the laptop.

Can anyone give me a clue to where i may find the USB Controler driver online please??

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

AJCh13 wrote:

I have acquired a Vaio VGN-FE550G from a family member, but the USB ports dont work.

Can anyone give me a clue to where i may find the USB Controler driver online please??

Hi AJCh13,

As you have been given the PC it's hard to tell if your family member removed or changed anything before you received it, so if it were me I would run a Vaio recovery & restore your vaio back to factory settings..

Your Vaio should have a hidden HDD recovery partition which is hopefully still intact..

This is non model specific guide on how to recover from the recovery area..

On models with the ASSIST button

1 Press the ASSIST button while your computer is off to launch VAIO Care Rescue.

If the display language selection window appears, select your desired language and click OK.

2 Click Start recovery wizard.

To perform the custom recovery, select Tools and click Start advanced recovery wizard.

3 Follow the on-screen instructions.

On models without the ASSIST button

1 Turn on your computer and press the F10 key several times before the VAIO logo screen disappears.

If the Edit Boot Options window is displayed, press the Enter key.

If the display language selection window appears, select your desired language and click OK.

2 Select Start recovery wizard.

To perform the custom recovery, select Tools and click Start advanced recovery wizard.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
binbash

Hi AJCh13,

Have you tried the drivers from here?

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=VGNFE550G&template_id=1&region_id=1&tab=download#/do...

Hope this helps.

binbash

AJCh13
Visitor

Thanks Binbash

Ive already had a look at this and cant find anything that refers to USB.

Do you suggest i just  try them all??

Thanks

binbash

Hi AJCh13

I would recommend you try the MOTHERBOARD drivers first, in there is an Intel one Intel® 945GM Chipset Driver . If that doesn't work I would try NOTEBOOK CONTROL AND UTILITIES next the two in there.

Let us know how you get on :smileyhappy:.

binbash

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

AJCh13 wrote:

Hi AJCh13,

As you have been given the PC it's hard to tell if your family member removed or changed anything before you received it, so if it were me I would run a Vaio recovery & restore your vaio back to factory settings..

Your Vaio should have a hidden HDD recovery partition which is hopefully still intact..

This is non model specific guide on how to recover from the recovery area..

On models with the ASSIST button

1 Press the ASSIST button while your computer is off to launch VAIO Care Rescue.

2 Click Start recovery wizard.

On models without the ASSIST button

1 Turn on your computer and press the F10 key several times before the VAIO logo screen disappears.

If the Edit Boot Options window is displayed, press the Enter key.

2 Select Start recovery wizard.

AJCh13
Visitor

Gave it a whirl lastnight and the USBs are now back in full working order - hoorah!

Only a few programs to reinstall now and were back up and running

Thanks for your help guys