Join now - be part of our community!

USB-IF xHCI USB Host controller - error 31

profile.country.en_GB.title
jad222
Visitor

USB-IF xHCI USB Host controller - error 31

Hi

I m trying to find some support for my Sony VAIO Duo 11, 1.7 processor, 8GB ram which I purchased before Christmas. The model number on the back doesn't exist anywhere but the associated model seems to be SVD1121C5EB.

After setting up all the software I wanted to use (MS Office 2010, Quicken, Adobe Photoshop & Premiere Elements etc) I started to have some problems, blue screens etc. I therefore reset the PC to factory settings and although the unit seemed to be functioning well - just a few script errors I found an error in device manager against the USB Hub USB-IF xHCI USB Host controller saying that Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device (code 31).

I contacted Sony support who say I should return it to them for repair, however this seems a complicated process when you work fulltime, I wouldn't want to ask my neighbour to pack it for me plus the terms & conditions seem heavily weighted in Sony's favour that they can say it was something I've done rather than a fault with the hardware.

As despite the error the machine is working well including USB devices, I am reluctant to return it, does anyone have any advice?

Thanks

Julie

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.ru_RU.title
topGosu
Visitor

The same problem...

profile.country.cs_CZ.title
tomas1913
New

Same problem

profile.country.en_GB.title
jad222
Visitor

Hi

I have now resolved the Usb controller code31  issue by going to the Intel site and using their update routine to find updated drivers. Only  have my phone at work, will add links later tonight.

Julie