Join now - be part of our community!

usb mouse keeps disconnecting connecting - VPCCB2M0E

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
simbaron2
Visitor

usb mouse keeps disconnecting connecting - VPCCB2M0E

Ok it seems a very common issue on Win 7 but i can't find a permanent fix.

So the USB mouse mouse keeps disconnecting and re-connecting, with the bing bong as if i'm pulling it out and putting back in but i'm not or even touching the mouse. The laptop can be sat on its own with no one near it and it will still do it.

It does is every few seconds and it is typically constant when it starts but it is random when it starts.

So here is what i've tried WITHOUT success.

1. New usb mouse, bought 2 new ones, one wireless, one wired + my old one. all 3 have the same issue and all 3 work fine on my old XP machine. IT IS NOT THE MOUSE!

2. Tried updating the drivers including, mouse, usb hub, generic usb, and chipset. IT IS NONE OF THESE!

3. Turned off (un-ticked) power management "turn it off to save power". NO AFFECT!

4. un-installed the usb hub as well as the mouse. STILL NO JOY!

5. Rolled back the driver. NADA, STILL THE SAME!

6. System Restore, STILL DISCONNECTING/RECONNECTING!

7. Tried the usb driver fix from http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...ms.html?filter BUT IT IS STILL HAPPENING!

8. Issue affects USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports, I'VE TRIED ALL MY USB PORTS ITS NOT THEM!

9. It does not affect any other USB devices such as printer or scanner etc, IT IS JUST USB MOUSE AFFECTED!

10. Tried Updating the BIOS, NO AFFECT STILL HAVING ISSUES!

11. Tried cleaning contacts, IT IS NOT THEM!

my laptop is a sony viao VPCCB2M0E, Win 7, Intel I5, Radion Graphics & 6GB of ram so it is not resources.

I'm not a noob in anyway but i can't find a permanent fix, rebooting helps temporarily but the issue soon shows up again but it is random so it is not heat related (tried blowing a desk fan onto the vents).

google shows many with the same issue but answers are just fobbing off one such as buy a new mouse etc

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
simbaron2
Visitor

SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO HERE IS THE FIX i found worked for me.

So this requires you to edit the registry so come with risk, to help minimise the risk you need to backup the registry first!

To backup the registry or restore it please see this thread http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/4230-registry-backup-restore.html

Ok having done that i found my antivirus (kaspersky) had altered the mouse upper filter value to read klmouflt mouclass.

*******NOTE******* Your antivirus may have a different name to klmouflt

Removing Kaspersky's value "klmouflt" and returning it to its default "mouclass" resolved the issue.

so to change it back to default you need to

Click the windows orb (start icon in the toolbar bottom left of the screen) and in the search.

type Regedit, and then click OK.
Click the plus sign :smileyplus: next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
Click the plus sign :smileyplus: next to SYSTEM.
Click the plus sign :smileyplus: next to CurrentControlSet.
Click the plus sign :smileyplus: next to Control.
Click the plus sign :smileyplus: next to Class.
Click {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.
On the left hand side of the window, click UpperFilters.
Click Edit on the menu bar

Modify.

Delete klmouflt so it just says mouclass

and save and then exit.

Reboot the machine just to be sure.

Your mouse will now work without issue.

*****NOTE*****

Just to say an antivirus update MAY rewrite the registry and you MAY have to follow the steps again in the future.

Hopefully this will get google indexed and others will also find this useful.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
simbaron2
Visitor

SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO HERE IS THE FIX i found worked for me.

So this requires you to edit the registry so come with risk, to help minimise the risk you need to backup the registry first!

To backup the registry or restore it please see this thread http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/4230-registry-backup-restore.html

Ok having done that i found my antivirus (kaspersky) had altered the mouse upper filter value to read klmouflt mouclass.

*******NOTE******* Your antivirus may have a different name to klmouflt

Removing Kaspersky's value "klmouflt" and returning it to its default "mouclass" resolved the issue.

so to change it back to default you need to

Click the windows orb (start icon in the toolbar bottom left of the screen) and in the search.

type Regedit, and then click OK.
Click the plus sign :smileyplus: next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
Click the plus sign :smileyplus: next to SYSTEM.
Click the plus sign :smileyplus: next to CurrentControlSet.
Click the plus sign :smileyplus: next to Control.
Click the plus sign :smileyplus: next to Class.
Click {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.
On the left hand side of the window, click UpperFilters.
Click Edit on the menu bar

Modify.

Delete klmouflt so it just says mouclass

and save and then exit.

Reboot the machine just to be sure.

Your mouse will now work without issue.

*****NOTE*****

Just to say an antivirus update MAY rewrite the registry and you MAY have to follow the steps again in the future.

Hopefully this will get google indexed and others will also find this useful.