Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio AW11S

profile.country.en_GB.title
wikey22
Visitor

Vaio AW11S

Evening All,

I have a VAIO AW series laptop and when I put a DVD in the blu ray drive it plays for a bit then stops and I have to reboot my laptop to solve the problem.

Any ideas why this is happening all drivers are up to date and running windows 7

Paul

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Paul,

Intermittent faults are the most difficult to solve and in this case could be caused by a software conflict or an IRQ conflict or even a loose connection when the drive reaches a certain point or temperature.  Does it stop at the same place each time?

Which version of the nVidia Graphics Driver do you have installed?  Did you let Windows 7 find the driver when you upgraded or is it a Sony Driver from here? -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/updates/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-AW11S_B&os=10

What are you playing the DVDs in?  Windows Media Player?  Have you still got WinDVD for Vaio installed to play Blu-Ray discs.

Are there any entries in Event Viewer to give a clue to the problem?

Are there any errors against the drive in Device Manager?

:thinking:

wikey22
Visitor

Can anyone advise? its really starting to annoy me now! i could throw the laptop throught the window!

Thanks

wikey22
Visitor

All responses in bold

cheers

paul

Intermittent faults are the most difficult to solve and in this case could be caused by a software conflict or an IRQ conflict or even a loose connection when the drive reaches a certain point or temperature.  Does it stop at the same place each time?

No it doesnt stop at the same point each time

Which version of the nVidia Graphics Driver do you have installed?  Did you let Windows 7 find the driver when you upgraded or is it a Sony Driver from here? -

Using 7.15.11.7615 of the nVidia graphics havent upgraded to the latest version as had to downgrade because of problems with sound output from HDMI also have used all Sony's drivers I think anyway allthough I do remember maybe getting the nVidia driver off the nVidia website beacuse of this problem all other drivers are downloaded and up to date from the sony website and there software that is installed on my vaio

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/updates/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-AW11S_B&os=10

What are you playing the DVDs in?  Windows Media Player?  Have you still got WinDVD for Vaio installed to play Blu-Ray discs.

Using Windows Media Player but have also tried Win DVD and does the same but have them both installed

Are there any entries in Event Viewer to give a clue to the problem?

Event viewer where would this be?

Are there any errors against the drive in Device Manager?

No errors in device manager