Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Battery Issues - please read!!

ianthomas_ringo
Visitor

Vaio Battery Issues - please read!!

Dear Sony Vaio owners,

If you are experiencing issues with your battery, in that it is suddenly "dead" can you please post your details here!

I believe that Sony is sticking its head in the sand on this one, as i am convinced that they have a issue with either the VGN series, the docking station for the Vaio, or both. I now have my second "dead" battery in 18 months, both Sony supplied, and the battery is not recognised by windows, the battery does not charge, and the laptop only works on mains making it one of the most expensive desktops on the market!!

Sony's view: "we only warranty the battery for 6 months"!! Why? Probably to try to eliminate the "abusive" cases, although I read, in many places, that the lithium-ion batteries don't have the "memory-leak" issues and can be on charge for long periods. However, with my machine (and many others - search Google for more!) the batteries are dead within 7/8/9 months.

Now, if the laptop was a cheap brand, fair enough! My laptop was just shy of £2000 and whilst it is a very good machine I do not expect to be buying £150+ batteries every 9 months!

So as i say, please respond with your details if you also have had issues, so that Sony can see that this is not a "small problem" that they can sweep under the carpet!

Disgruntled and 10 years loyal (maybe not next laptop purchase!!) Sony Vaio user

1 REPLY 1
goqhansari
Visitor

Hi guys,
I have vaio VGN-FZ31Z like you, battery can't go on 20 minutes even.When I ask the service, they just said its guarantee over.bull shit. :S There must be a announce about batteries.
Isn't there any authorized??

Regards from TUrkey