Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Camera Capture & Norton 360 Issue

mike6859
Visitor

Vaio Camera Capture & Norton 360 Issue

Hi all, I have been having terrific problems with the inbuilt camera on my Vaio Laptop. The camera has been working fine since purchase, and have been using Norton 360 as the Anti-virus/Network protection option. All has been fine until recently.

After a series of Windows Vista updates and Norton updates, when invoking the Vaio Camera Capture Utility, the application fails to initialise the camera as it may already be in use. No other applications are running.

I have restored the system to an earlier point and the system does function correctly. When Norton starts to update itself, the problem reoccurs.

Has anyone else seen or experienced a similar issue/problem and found a solution? Any assistance or guidance would be appreciated.

Mike B :thinking:

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I have restored the system to an earlier point and the system does function correctly.

Hi Mike,

welcome to Club Vaio.. :slight_smile:

It would help us to give a more accurate answer if we knew your Vaio model.. :wink:

Try a system restore whilst in safe mode..

Are there any VAIO Camera Capture Utility updates for your model, use the following link to check: Sony Vaio support updates

The Microsoft Camera Hotfix KB931812 may also help.. :thinking:

I have attached the file below should you wish to try installing..

mike6859
Visitor

Hi Thalamus

:slight_smile: Many thanks for the advice. The Vaio Model is VGN-FE48E.

I have run the microsoft fix that you posted, and it appears to have worked.

Once again, many thanks for your help and advice

Cheers for now

Mike B

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome Mike.. :slight_smile: