Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio care and vaio shell stop working

profile.country.GB.title
christy_900
New

Vaio care and vaio shell stop working

I have a new Vaio SVT1311 ultrabook. I cannot update Vaio care and if I open the program I get a message saying 'Vaio Shell has stopped working.  Sony told me to reinstall .netframework which I have but this hasn't solved the problem

Chris

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Chris,

See whether there is anything in this long thread that helps:

https://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/thread/163033?tstart=0

If not you will note that the problem is under investigation and we are awaiting a reply from Support.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
christy_900
New

Is it worth uninstalling and then re-installing.  If so where do I get the download to re-install please?

Thanks.

Chris

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Chris,

If you provide the full product model reference we will point you in the direction of the download support page.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
psrstephenson
Visitor

Hi Rich

I have a VPCL22V1EB with the same problem.  Tried control panel uninstall and reinstall.

I think this has occurred following a software update. so is it possible to go back a level?

I've only had this PC 1 month and with this and a mouse-lag issue I am beginning to wonder.

I am amazed that there is no support page that I can search. I have emailed Sony support also but could do without this waste of time right now.

Paul

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi psrstephenson,

There is no Vaio Care update for your model but try uninstalling Vaio Care from Control Panel and then reinstall the original version.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VPCL22V1E_B/updates

If that has no effect then keep an eye on the thread I posted a link to previously as any developements will be reported there.

Rich

Edit: Sorry, didn't read your post properly as you have already tried a reinstall...

Just bookmark the link provided  and I will update when Support receives any new info from Japan.

Message was edited by: rich912

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
MichaelFr
Explorer

Felicitations!

I have a Sony Vaio VPCF1390X running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.  I use Google Chrome as my default browser. One day, about 9 months ago, Michrosoft Security Essentials identified something in Vaio Care as a virus and removed it.  Since then, Vaio Care has never worked.  I have tried all of the fixes, including removing and reinstalling.(Ps. I cannot fully remove Vaio Care from the Control Panel as I get an error that says "Windows Installer is not installed". This message only appears with Vaio Care.) At this point, I think my only option is to back up my system, format and reinstall. I hate doing this because the vast amount of time involved to rebuild my system.

I would appreciate any help I can get, from anyone.

profile.country.GB.title
MichaelFr
Explorer

It failed after Microsoft Virus Protection identified the Vaio shell as a virus and removed it.

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone
profile.country.FR.title
twindemoul
Explorer

Dear all , i've got a VPCEC3L1E , with excatly the same problems , Vaio care disappear after opening with error message , Shell etc. any link available.

Also since month , got pop up system unable to find path to Vaio Gallery Media , i did surch on web and look like

to be know problems , i did contact Sony but no usefull info or link to solved the problems.

Thks all.