Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Care error, i uninstalled how do i get it back?

profile.country.en_GB.title
GS1981
Visitor

Vaio Care error, i uninstalled how do i get it back?

Hi my wife just bought me a Sony Vaio E series SVE1512M1EW.CEK from PCworld (Windows 8 64-bit)

this is the product...

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/sony-vaio-e-series-sve1512m1ew-cek-laptop-white-17056565-pdt.html#long...

Every time i restart i get this error....

'Windows Script host

can not find script file "C:\Windows\Temp\VAIO Care Rescue Tool.vbs". "

This was irratating me so i disabled Vaio Care from windows start up, restarted and it did it again, i then uninstalled Sony Vaio Care.....not knowing what it was....

So now i still have this annoying error and i now have no Sony Vaio Care program which i have just realised is used to back up/restore your computer :(

So my questions are...

How can i stop this error happening at start up...

And how can i get Vaio Care for Windows 8 back so i can restore my laptop if i need to?

14 REPLIES 14
GS1981
Visitor

I have found Vaio Care 8 on this page...

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/SVE1512M1EW/updates

Is this what i need to reinstall it?

I really hope i dont have to try and get my laptop exchanged because i have spent all day installing stuff on it.

GS1981
Visitor

Just to clarify, i think that download put Vaio Care back on my laptop, only difference is the short cut now says 'Vaio Care (Desktop)' instead of just 'Vaio Care'

I am however still getting that irratating error, which from a google search seems to happen to lots of people with these new Windows 8 laptops but nobody has figured out how to fix it yet.

I'm assuming i have to disable something in 'start up' in task manager, but i'm unsure what.

GS1981
Visitor

Still getting the Error :(

GS1981
Visitor

Anybody?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi GS1981,

We have had a number of reports of problems with Vaio Care but, to date, these mainly relate to Windows 7.

As this machine is so new your best option is to return it to factory settings and then test Vaio Care prior to allowing any Windows udates to install. With the Windows 7 machines Support suspect a Windows update as the culprit - possibly .NET Framework.

I'm uncertain of the recovery procedure for Windows 8 but believe you can access this by pressing the Assist button when the computer is fully shut down. Don't use the Refresh' option as this will clean install Windows without any Sony Software, Drivers or utilities.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
GS1981
Visitor

Ok i recovered the system back to its default settings.

I'm still getting the same error...

'Windows Script host

can not find script file "C:\Windows\Temp\VAIO Care Rescue Tool.vbs". "

GS1981
Visitor

Any help to stop me getting this error?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Support is aware of your problem but there is no solution to date. I will post again in this thread as and when we have further information

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
MrDerp
Visitor

Sony's software has added this value as a "Scheduled Task", but no such vbs file exists in the TEMP folder. (In other news, no software developer should be relying on files being in the TEMP folder to begin with, but that's another issue entirely -- bad programmer! People clear their TEMP folders all the freaking time).

Someone fell asleep on the job lol.

--== FIX ==--

1) Download CCleaner as not only is it awesome, but it can easily fix this.

2) Run CCleaner and on the left hand side select Tools.

3) Hit the Startup Button to the right of Tools.

4) Some tabs will appear, select the Scheduled Tasks Tab.

5) Disable the "VAIO Care Rescue Tool" Task

VOILA.

Note: You can change this stuff in the Task Scheduler too, but CCleaner is just much easier to work with. See here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc721931.aspx

Tech support >> You're Welcome.