Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Care New Update?

profile.country.GR.title
siegmund10
Explorer

Vaio Care New Update?

Since this morning that I started my SVE1713M1EB I get the message that there's a new version of Vaio Care available and if I want to install it.

Although I select yes and the procedure begins, the new version eventually doesn't install without any error message however.

The result is that I get that message about the new version continuously which is quite annoying.

I also looked at my laptop's support page for any new version of Vaio Care to install manually but I found only some new software name "Vaio Care Recovery" which I installed but didn't fix the issue.

Need to add that the Vaio Care version installed on my system at the moment is 8.2.0.15030

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance !

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
stbromf31
New

You will find you will always have problems with updates using VAIO care, I have had several VAIO notebooks and all have had issues and again I have the same issue as yourself.

On this occasion on going to http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en?source=rss and entering my model name from the VAIO Care/System information page and downloading and installing manually has the issue been resolved.

If there is an issue, VAIO care will just fail and not tell you why it has failed. On doing it manually it will often tell you the reason why it has failed.

Steve

profile.country.GR.title
siegmund10
Explorer

Thanks for your reply but as I wrote in my original message I've already gone to my model's support page without any result regarding this particular update.

However whenever I try to update Vaio Care I get an instant message telling me to install the update manually although there isn't any update listed in the manual part of the software for selecting manual installation.

On the history info part though, I found out that this update which keeps on failing is the following:

VAIO Care 8.3 Updater - 8.3.0.08220

and the exe file is:

EP0000307225.exe

I've searched either the computer or internet for any of the above to install manually without success!

Any help on where they could be located would be highly appreciated as this could resolve the issue.

Forgot to add that my OS is Win 8

Looking forward to a reply !

Many thanks in advance !!!