Join now - be part of our community!

vaio, create recovery disc

profile.country.pl_PL.title
jawojci34
Visitor

vaio, create recovery disc

hello,

i just bought vaio sr series, and i am wondering how to create a new recovery disc using vaio software, do i need a cd? DVD? do anybody know any manual for vaio recovery center?

thank you for any help
Jake

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Jake,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

Normally Vaio owners use 2 DVD's when creating a set of recovery disc's, usually DVD+R discs by Verbatim, TDK or Sony seem to the popular choice.

The image attached below should help to guide you through the process..

jawojci34
Visitor

i am very glad i recieved such a quick reposnse, i fought i was gonna wait for at least a couple of days. thank you very much in advance.

since i got the chance to find out some more information about recovery i adress a new question to you my friend..

could you tell me what is exactly the recovery disc?? is it windows installed on my vaio with all the drivers and updates?? what about other applications which i installed like games, applets POKER because i play on pokerstars and many more.. what about them??

formerly i had XP and it was easy way to erase data and reinstall system, if i have that recovery disc on DVD is it goona work the same way?? i put DVD to my optical device in laptop and just format C and install like in XP??

probably i made you confused a little bit with my talking and writing but i am waiting inpatiently for your response THALAMUS,

greetings from POLAND 🙂
Jake

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Jake,

a recovery disc will allow you to restore your vaio back to the factory set as new state.

Running the recovery will install the Sony supplies OS and all of the pre-installed applications. (not anything that you have installed)

You'll need to back up all of your important data before using the recovery discs as anything that you have installed or saved to your vaio will be lost during the recovery process.

jawojci34
Visitor

thank you very much,

now i have all info necessary for me,

take care Thalamus,
Jake

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome Jake.. :slight_smile: