Join now - be part of our community!

vaio desktop PCV-RS322

danstijl
Visitor

vaio desktop PCV-RS322

:cry: Got my vaio 10months and when I start it and I put a disc in the dvd+/- rewr or dvd rom everything freezes on my desktop, so the mouse won't react neither if I do Ctrl+alt+del, so I have to turn off the pc, when I am starting it then everything works and the drives wiill read it. So sometimes it works and sometimes it will freezes/ stops. I allready installed the firmware from sony site but it still won't work. Does this have to do with lincences or something, and...... WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO! Please vaio people solve my problem!!

26 REPLIES 26
danstijl
Visitor

do you know what's weird guys, that somethimes both drives (dvd wr and dvd rom) works so good, and then when they don't work, they both don't. So it has to be really a coincidence that both drives has a hardware problem.

William
Visitor

You could check the power connec tors whilst removing your upgrades they may share a common connection.

William

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Are you using other devices when this happens too?

danstijl
Visitor

That is a good one kee-lo. there is some progress. Did a recovery (sony told me also to do that) and both drives worked so well!! So did everything with the drives (burning etc) then installed the printer and later one the dvd movie stopped!!! The software from the printer told also weird things. So I am to reinstall the printer and try again. Do you know something about this? And what to do with the printer if this is causing the problem?

kee-lo_

A bit of an odd situation isn't it?
I would go to the printer's website and make sure I have the latest drtivers and software.

I would also ditch paralell if you are using it and use USB to connect it up.

danstijl
Visitor

Ditch paralel? It was connected usb.

kee-lo_

nm then.

danstijl
Visitor

Now I am trying the drives for a few days without the printer, just to make sure if the printer is the problem.... So I hope it's going well, now I'm tired, from this problem, got a headache, some positive vaio news is welcome......

William
Visitor

If it continues to function well without the printer then just maybe there is something wrong with the printer causing it to draw power thru the USB port.

Maybe I have had too many beers (had two already) so lets just see if it carries on working without the printer.

Keep us informed:smileywink:

William

kee-lo_

Maybe try a powered USB hub?