Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Duo 13 pen pressure issues

neiKnut
New

Vaio Duo 13 pen pressure issues

I badly need this computer's pen pressure functions to work with programs such as Adobe Photoshop and Paint Tool Sai.
Before buying it didn't even cross my mind that the pen might not work with the most popular art programs out there..

As far as I've gathered N-trig are in charge of the touch technology of the Vaio Duo 13, and they've had all sorts of issues with their lack of Adobe-support, so they supposedly made drivers that resolved these issues... However I'm not able to find any of their drivers for Sony products, and I'm starting to lose hope here..

Really hope someone knows where I might find some way to make the pressure sensitivity (I would also love to have some options/adjustments for it, as you get with any Wacom product) function in Adobe programs?

-Knut

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
JayKannan

Looks like it'll work with sketchbook pro. Adobe has to start supporting NTrig or we'll never get anywhere. SOny has made it perfectly clear that it won't fix this issue. 

deejohnny

Sketchbook pro works perfectly so far for me, but Artrage suffers the same pressure issues and i dont think a fix will come soon seing its a sony fault.

neiKnut
New

I have sketchbook pro, and it's supported, but not a program I want to use.
The fact that ntrig doesn't support any adobe programs is a very serious issue, no flash or illustrator.. Which to me (and many others) makes the entire pen-part completely useless.. Do you have any links to Sony's official statement on this? It's sort of unbelieveable to me that they're not planning on fixing this, as they will lose (possibly a lot of) customers.

The funny thing is that it seems ntrig's website used to have updated drivers for Sony products (as they do with other brands), but that they later removed them...
So apparently they can fix the issue, they just won't?

It's not only adobe products that are not supported, most major art-programs, including Painter and SAI.. So Adobe can't be blamed for this.

jamhall45
Explorer

Artrage are apparently working on a fix at the moment.

Clip studio paint (manga studio) supports pressure perfectly with the duo.

Adobe are apparently working on support for the Microsoft api which will mean at some point photoshop will probably support the duo.