Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Duo - won't turn on even when plugged in

Vaio Duo - won't turn on even when plugged in

Hi,

My laptop was working perfectly when i last used it, but have just gone to use it today and it is unresponsive. The ac is plugged in and there is a green light on the power box but the laptop won't start. I've left it plugged in, incase it's run out of battery, but there is no difference. 

Any ideas? It's only 8 months old and I am so frautrated right now. 

Have been dissopointed with it since purchase, as it is terrible for picking up wifi signals unless you are in the same room as the hub (where as my old laptop could pick it up in any room) and now it won't even start. This is my first sony product and the most expensive computer i have ever owned, so am beyond disillusioned with this.

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Try doing a power discharge:

1. Unplug power cable and take battery out of the laptop
  2. Press and hold power button in for 30 seconds
  3. Add battery back again, and try turning it back on again.

Cheers

hejohns65
Explorer

I have the same problem with a Vaio VPCS11C5E: press Power and it flares green briefly, then nothing. Occasionally after removing from power source and pressing Power for 30 secs it starts up: what's wrong - is it gathering a static charge when it sleeps? (Same happens no matter whether I put in in sleep, hibernate or off.) I just spent an hour negotiating the Contact Us page on the website, getting serial number, composing email, only to be told when I sent it that 'email assist is not available due to maintenance' -- which is such shoddy service. Rubbish.

profile.country.PL.title
Agnieszka_J

Hello

MunAisyah
New

I have the same problem. I had done the power discharge. But nothing happen. What should I do? 

Please help as I got exactly same problem and no result from discharging...!! 

baraka80
New

My Laptop does not switch on! I have tried to remove the battery, hold down power button for 30 minutes, replace back battery. It works for a short moment. But later if fails again to switch on. I have to do the same process over and over again whenever I want to use it.

Is there an ever lasting solution? What is the cause? What should I do to prevent such a failure?

hi i have the same problem and have done the steps you sugguested but still nothing no lights on the laptop whats so ever is there anything else i can try before spending hundreds on it thanks 

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi :slight_smile:

Unfortunately there's no easy fix for this problem.

A laptop that won't turn on even when it's plugged in could have a faulty power supply, battery, motherboard, video card or RAM.

If you have checked you power connection and that is fine it will probably easier to go and get it assessed for repair than trying yourself.

Sorry its not better news.

MarthaHF
New

Hi I have this problem since yesterday too, I have done the power discharge but nothing happens. When I push the button to turn it on i can see the power light on and the battery light on too but the laptop is unresponsive.

Have you send yours to repair?