Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO Event Service New vista update crashes!

narcotik
Visitor

VAIO Event Service New vista update crashes!

After installing all the updates for my vaio fe21m with vista, VAIO Event Service seems to stop working alot resulting in me having to reboot to get it back working again.

anyone els having this problem with VAIO Event Service update and vista?

2 REPLIES 2
99Wakey99
Visitor

Yes, with my UX1. The Vaio Event Service kept stopping and I was getting other problems associated with some of the Vaio specific hardware buttons that are monitored by this service. I have recovered and re-installed the machine twice and now avoid touching these buttons. The occurences seem to be less at the moment but I can't say recovering the system made a difference or not. I did get a blue screen crash when coming out of susend a day or so ago.

The event service is running at the moment and I am treating the machine with kid gloves, trying to avoid triggering the problems and hoping that MS and Sony updates will catch up with these real world problems. I imagine Vista is giving support teams big headaches!

narcotik
Visitor

Its patheltic how sony still have not got these updates working 100% with vista makes me wonder if they even give a <profanity removed by moderator> about past customers at all.