Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO (F series) battery error message

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
mahboob.k
Visitor

VAIO (F series) battery error message

Hi to all,

My device is VAIO F133FXB and has originally installed Win 7 HP x64; but when I installed Win 7 Ultimate and then VAIO Control Center I've got this error message about battery:
"The installed battery may not be properly connected to the computer or may not be compatible with the computer. Click "OK" to enter Hibernate mode, and remove and reinsert the battery."

I installed VAIO Control Center cause it has some options about Battery charging! and I need it, because I work with my laptop for long times and I have to plug it to electricity source. (As I know these options turns of the bridge between the charging part and the battery when AC is connected. This means that AC-power runs directly to the motherboard skipping the battery, making the battery last longer because its not charged all the time.)

I googled the eeror message and some people advised to end "ISB utility" process from task manager. But this app is a battery checker tool and as I explained I need it.
Now, what can I do to solve this problem?
(sorry for my English,
- mahboob.k)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi mahboob.k.

This is a Vaio from the US - most people here will have European models.

I suggest you go the the US Support website for your model and download and install the Sony Notebook Control and Utilities: -

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/model-home.pl?mdl=VPCF113FXB&LOC=3#/downloadTab

This download includes a file called "Battery Checker 4.1.0.08270".  There is also an update for "Vaio Control Center 4.1.1.01760" available for download that fixes some of the info missing in Vaio Control Center.

It may also be worth installing the Vaio Power Management utility.  Many of these utilities are interdependent.

:wink:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
mahboob.k
Visitor

nobody have an idea???

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi mahboob.k.

This is a Vaio from the US - most people here will have European models.

I suggest you go the the US Support website for your model and download and install the Sony Notebook Control and Utilities: -

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/model-home.pl?mdl=VPCF113FXB&LOC=3#/downloadTab

This download includes a file called "Battery Checker 4.1.0.08270".  There is also an update for "Vaio Control Center 4.1.1.01760" available for download that fixes some of the info missing in Vaio Control Center.

It may also be worth installing the Vaio Power Management utility.  Many of these utilities are interdependent.

:wink: