Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Fit 14 - broken lid

01september
Explorer

Vaio Fit 14 - broken lid

I have had my Sony Vaio Fit 14 for almost 2 years, and in the recent 2-3 weeks I noticed that the lid was becoming a bit loose in the bottom right end of the screen. 

Today I adjusted the lid (as one would normally do due to lights falling on the screen etc.) and suddenly, the lid broke in the right bottom corner of my laptop. I can see the glass of my screen, because the lid is becoming apart. 

This person has had the exact same problem int he exact same places - what can I do about this problem? I know Sony do not produce laptops anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWRyBU8wI-Y 

Thanks in advance. 

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi 01september and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

I think the best thing you can do is get in touch with customer services.

Is your notebook still in warranty? (Although you would have to discuss with them if this problem is covered or not.)

If not they should be able to give you an idea of how much a repair would be.

01september
Explorer

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

I am currently in contact with Sony's customer service, though I doubt that the warranty will cover this problem - I think I have to pay for a repair.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

No worries :slight_smile:

It was interesting to read the update last year from the video uploader:

"Just to update everyone on this. Sony did a u-turn and offered to repair it. It went back to the repair centre and I received a call 2 weeks later to say the parts wouldn't be available until the end of May so there were 2 options; 1. Replacement 2. Full refund"

It doesn't guarantee anything for you but you never know.

01september
Explorer

I did read the update as well, and it does give me some sort of hope - on the other hand, the uploader's laptop was fairly new. Mine will be 2 years old in a month. 

I am still waiting for an answer from Sony, but we'll see. 

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

keep us posted :wink:

01september
Explorer

Sony's customer service called me an hour ago and told me that my laptop will be sent off for a repair sometime in next week. They also said that the warranty will most likely cover this repair, so I am hoping for that :slight_smile: