Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio FW Windows 7 Drivers

gary1993
Visitor

Vaio FW Windows 7 Drivers

I recently recieved my windows 7 upgrade and I love how most of my drivers have worked with the vaio, except from 2 which are my 'S1' and 'AV MODE' buttons, I cannot find the downloads anywhere, someone please help me

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Have you done an 'Upgrade In-Place' or have you dome a 'Clean Install'.

If you have done an Upgrade In-Place the existing Vista Utilities will have been retained and those keys should work without further installation.

If you have done a 'Clean Install' then the Windows 7 drivers supplied by Sony are not sufficient to get everything working properly - they are designed as the additional drivers you will need on top of the original Vista drivers already installed.

You may need to reinstall all the Originally Installed Vista Utilities including:

SFEP
Sony Shared Library
Vaio Event Service
Setting Utility Series
Vaio Smart Network
etc.... etc.... etc.....

Some of these may also have Updates but you will need to install the originals first.

You don't say which model you have but here is the download page for the FW31J:

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/updates/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-FW31J&os=10

:wink:

gary1993
Visitor

Hi Blencogo,
Thanks for the link, I downloaded all the items, the setting utility series (I think) salvaged my S1 Button so that works :smileygrin: but I can't seem to get the AV MODE button to work, by the way I have got an FW21E,