Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio gate has stopped working

castorpollux1
Explorer

Vaio gate has stopped working

My vaio gate has recently stopped working - it appears, but I click on inernet explorer & nothing happens until a page pops up telling me the gate has stopped working. Moving the cursor to click on the pop-up is then very fiddly.

I found a thread suggesting uninstalling vaio gate & reinstalling, but reinstall involves Vaio recovery centre that I can't find in my ptogrammes!

Any suggestions?

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi castorpollux1,

Vaio Recovery Centre is now part of Vaio Care. To access this press the Assist button and then in the right hand pane click ’Advanced Tools’ -> Restore and Recovery -> Reinstall applications and drivers.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
castorpollux1
Explorer

Hi Rich & thanks for your advice. I've managed to reinstall Vaio gate following your instructions, but, it still comes up with a message that Vaio Gate has stopped working soon after I open up eg internet explorer from the gate. Then the cursor moves incredibly slowly and its hard tosteer it accurately until I've managed to close the message. Has anyone else had this problem of got a solution?
PS what does the message at the bottom mean?
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi castorpollux1,

Did you uninstall Vaio Gate prior to reinstalling? Also did you see 'Vaio Gate default installer' as an option under Reinstall applications and drivers? This may be worth a try if available.

Unfortunately many Sony programs have other dependences and unfortunately this can mean a return to factory settings in order to resolve some issues.

If by “the message at the bottom” you are referring to ‘Go n-éirí an bóthar leat’, it is an Irish blessing. A true translation is difficult and some will translate as ‘may the road rise to meet you’ but the closest you will get in the English language is probably ‘Good  Luck’.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
castorpollux1
Explorer

Hi Rich,

Yes, I uninstalled Vaio Gate before reinstalling. I've now unistalled & reinstalled Vaio gate default to no avail, even reinstalled Vaio gate customisation to a similar lack of effect...

Thanks again for the advice.

I'm not even going to tr pronouncing the blessing!

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi casperpollux1,

As far as I am aware there have been no other recent reports of Vaio Gate not working. I assume that you have carried out a FULL virus scan to rule out malware?

Also if this only recently became a problem you could try a Windows system restore back to a date that you know it was working correctly.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
mrwan7
Explorer

hi rich:

after Reinstall applications and drivers ,There are three options to choose from

which one to choose 

vaio gate or

vaio gate customizations  or

vaio gate default installer .

thanks  

mrwan7

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi mrwan7,

I have never had cause to reinstall Vaio Gate, in fact it is disabled on my machines, but I assume that the custom install gives more initial choices or the ability to customise, whereas the default install will provide Vaio Gate as initially delivered with your machine. I suggest you go with the default installer.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

Dear Sony,

This is what happen my laptop was connected to internet and it shows up updating after an update done, restart my computer the function start to get slow and the message affair, that the gate has stopped working that cause the problem to stop the program. Now i can not even used to shut down or restart my unit, that function never work, i can only shut it down by pressing the power switch. Please help me to fix this problem.

truly yours,

Ronnie