Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Laptop Lost / Stolen - trying to find serial number

nikidilger
Visitor

Vaio Laptop Lost / Stolen - trying to find serial number

Hi,
My Sony Vaio SZ 1XP laptop was lost/stolen last week and I'm trying to track down the serial number so I can add that to the police report and the London Transport network report. I'm registered with Club Vaio, but can't find the serial number in my profile. From previous postings I see the suggestion has been to submit an online email to Sony support, however, I've tried that twice but despite filling out all the required info, I never actually get to submit the question & instead eventully get taken to a page that says 'before you submit your question' which gives all sorts of tel numbers etc but no option to continue submitting the query! Any further suggestions as to how to get the serial number much appreciated. Thx. Niki

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Niki and welcome to Club Vaio.

I have sent you a Private Message - just click on the yellow envelope at the top-right of this screen.

Hope it is helpful.

When you have a police incident number, Vaio-Link Support will put your Vaio on the "Stolen" database.

:wink:

Hi, I have similar problem with my FE21M which was stolen yesturday... what do i do?

Also need you to help me find it!

Please help me too!

Charlotte
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Charlotte,

You can report the theft to Sony Support to have it added to the stolen database.

Do you know the serial number of your Vaio – if you still have the box it will be on a sticker.

Give Support the serial number of your Vaio. You will also need to provide a copy of the police report and contact details of the police station to which you reported the theft.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat