Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO Laptop.Unable to send e mails

profile.country.en_GB.title
kevlad10
New

VAIO Laptop.Unable to send e mails

Hi to you all. Have just acquired a Vaio model SVF1521C2EB running Windows 8. I have a problem sending E Mails. my provider is TalkTalk and I now feel that some of the Sony equipment and TalkTalk are not compatibly. (I also have a Sony picture frame which will not down load pictures using TalkTalk). My current problem is when using the mail tile on my desktop, I receive E Mails ok bit cannot send. I have spoke with TalkTalk for over 2 hours and have sent E mails to Sony accessing my TalkTalk account via the Internet. they suggested that I ran a trouble shooting link but it did not work. I have had 2 experienced IT people look at the programme but have failed to get this function to operate. I have down the Microsoft account as advised in the help topics on the PC. Any help or suggestions will be most welcome.Kevin. 

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Kevin,

First thoughts are that there is a Internnet Security problem, i.e McAfee, although this usually manifests itself with problems receiving rather than sending, but given the various reports of problems with this security software nothing would surprise me.

If you have McAfee installed or have removed it without running the removal tool I suggest you run this. In fact run it anyway as McAfee came preinstalled on this computer and may not have been completely removed.

Google 'MCPR' for download and instructions.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat