Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO Multi Flip - Touch Screen Freezing - Win 8.1

sgdavies

VAIO Multi Flip - Touch Screen Freezing - Win 8.1

VAIO Multiflip 14 - SVF14N1C5E - Touch Screen Freezing - Win 8.1

Has anybody else experienced problems with the touchscreen freezing on the 14 inch model? I upgraded to Windows 8.1 as soon as I got it (God Knows why Sony decided to ship it with Windows 8.0)

Contacted Sony ("cough" support) but they are as helpful as a chocolate teapot regarding this.

51 REPLIES 51
profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Hi sgdavis, have you installed all of the Windows 8.1 updates listed on your Vaio models support site? I noticed that there is a BIOS update R0250DD that mentions - After upgrading to Windows 8.1 the touchscreen may not function.

sgdavies

Hi, thanks for the reply, yes i have installed all the 8.1 drivers, and last week installed the new BIOS, but it has not helped, and the touch screen still freezes, interestingly the mouse, still works, and rebooting fixes the freeze for a while, but its only temp, as it consistently freezes shortly after. Sony support are very unhelpful, and seem to know little about the problem.
sgdavies

Come -on people I surely cannot be the only one with this problem?

sgdavies

Yay!!!! I am not alone....

See the Yanks are going nuts about the touch screen freeze issue, and they are posting a complaint daily on Sonys Facebook page, and getting banned on a daily basis!!!!

http://community.sony.com/t5/VAIO-Software-Other-Operating/sony-vaio-flip-15a-touch-screen-issue-on-...

I wonder if Sony have ever heard of the "Sale of Goods Act?"

1) The product must be "Fit for purpose" that it was bought for (at the moment it is not)
2) Satisfactory Quality (while the hardware is top notch, the software is not, drivers, bios, and software) do not allow this laptop to function properly.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi sgdavies,

Have you tried the calibration tool?

http://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27394

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
sgdavies

Hi Rich, No I havent tried this, but have read of other people who have tried it and said that it doesnt fix the problem, I suppose I am also a bit dubious of trying it, as there is accompanied by a Sony warning.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi sgdavies,

I can understand your reluctance and since my post my contact has email to the effect that the problem was misunderstood and it is the BIOS update that should fix this problem – you have stated that you have already upgraded. I have fed this back and if I receive and further response I will let you know.

My guess is that both Sony USA and Sony Europe are struggling on this one.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi sgdavies,

Can you confirm your BIOS is R0230DD (or higher)?

http://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28786

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
sgdavies

Hi Rich, Thanks for your concern and help! (you should be working for Sony, which i might add their support has been terrible)

yes I confirm that I have updated the latest BIOS

Bios Update - R0250DD
5.36 Mb 20/01/2014