Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO Multi Flip - Touch Screen Freezing - Win 8.1

sgdavies

VAIO Multi Flip - Touch Screen Freezing - Win 8.1

VAIO Multiflip 14 - SVF14N1C5E - Touch Screen Freezing - Win 8.1

Has anybody else experienced problems with the touchscreen freezing on the 14 inch model? I upgraded to Windows 8.1 as soon as I got it (God Knows why Sony decided to ship it with Windows 8.0)

Contacted Sony ("cough" support) but they are as helpful as a chocolate teapot regarding this.

51 REPLIES 51
RyanTirrell
Explorer

Hi sgdavies,

I thought I'd share this one with you in particular. 

If it helps, I know a quicker way to reactivate your touchscreen if it goes off: 

Open > Control Panel > Under 'Hardware and Sound' > Select 'Devices and Printers' > Right Click on 'Vaio' (or your PC name) > Select 'Properties' > A new window pops up > Select the 'Hardware' Tab > Scroll through the list to find 'HID-compliant touchscreen' > Double click 'HID-compliant touchscreen' > a new window pops up > Select 'Change Settings' button > a new window pops up >Select 'Driver' tab > Click 'Disable' (a screen may appear, just select yes) > Now click 'Enable' > Your touch screen will be working again. 

This seems like a long winded process but it literally takes me 20 seconds (If that), I promise! 

I tend to leave the final screen open while I'm using my laptop, that way as soon as the touch screen goes off, I just have to click 'disable' and then 'enable' and it works again!

Good Luck!

Ryan

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Thanks for sharing the tip RyanTirrell :wink: