Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio N21 E/W Issues!

RicardoBathUK
Visitor

Vaio N21 E/W Issues!

I have just purchased and received my new VGN 21 E/w with Vista Home Premium.

I am very happy with it in most aspects, but every time I start up, it loads two sessions of Club Vaio, I have disabled this in Start Programs, bit still it does it, even if I click on the desktop icon, it loads two!

Does anyone have any idea how to stop this?

Also anyone know why I can't sue CD-R's for the recovery software as I thought I could burn to CD's as well as DVD's? I don't get a CD-R or CD-RW option when i try to run the restore package!

Other than that, it is a nice Laptop and it looks so cool!

Regards

Richard

6 REPLIES 6
RicardoBathUK
Visitor

Ahaha! I have found the little culprit!

I looked at the other post where this was an issue on Club Viii and in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Sony the Register Your VAIO icon and the VAIO User Guides were in there, if you click on the Register Your Vaio it opens My Club Vaio up once, if you click on User Guides it opens it up twice!

I am at work now so when i next start up I will let you know which if deleting these shortcuts works!

thanks

Richard

RicardoBathUK
Visitor

Just thought I'd let you know that this worked!!!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Richard,

Welcome to Club Vaio, :slight_smile:

I believe that you can only use DVD + or -R for creating the recovery disc set now, this maybe due to the size of the recovery program.. :thinking:

RicardoBathUK
Visitor

Thalamus, cheers for this, I had to buy the DVD-R discs as I needed to set the recovery up, so now I have 50 of them!!! I can always use them in my DVD recorder as well!

Regarding the other issue for Club Vaio start up, my little experiment didn't work!!!

But thnaks to another post I have sorted it under Task Manager!

Resonate
Visitor

now I have 50 of them!!!  I can always use them in my DVD recorder as well!

You could always use the Spare Discs as frizbies i do burns loads of time when suffering from boredem. :smileygrin:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome Richard.. :slight_smile: